Jimmy Buffet Discharged From Hospital After Stage Fall
Veteran musician Jimmy Buffet has been admitted to hospital in Australia after taking a nasty tumble off the stage during a concert. The 64 year old was performing at the Hordern Pavilion in Sydney on Wednesday, January 26 when he fell into a large gap in front of the audience during the gig finale.
Buffett was reportedly unconscious for several minutes and suffered a gash on his head, reports TMZ.com. The singer was taken to the city's St. Vincent's Hospital by paramedics, where he is said to be in a stable condition.
Shortly later, a statement was released to confirm that Buffett has been discharged. "As you probably already know, Jimmy had an accident while performing in Sydney last night and was taken to the hospital," the singer's website said. "The doctors say he is doing well and will be released tomorrow. More info as we get it, and thank you for all of your well-wishes!"
- Usher Releases Two New Tracks Off 'Hard II Love'
- Rihanna Gets the Biggest Gift Ever From Drake in Honor of Her VMAs Win
- First Look at Lumiere, Cogsworth, Gaston and Le Fou in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- Julianne Hough and Derek Hough to Return for 'DWTS' Season 23
- Sam Mendes in Talks to Direct Disney's 'James and the Giant Peach'
- 'Veep' Star Anna Chlumsky Gives Birth to Her Second Child
- Producer Defends Frank Ocean for Self-Releasing 'Blonde' Album, Slams Def Jam
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Give Paparazzi Free Yeezy Sneakers