Leighton Meester Isolated Herself From Other Cast on 'Roommate' Set
Leighton Meester's castmates on the set of upcoming movie "The Roommate" were convinced the actress was "antisocial", because she completely isolated herself to prepare for the disturbing role. The "Gossip Girl" star plays a deranged student in the thriller alongside Minka Kelly, Billy Zane and Cam Gigandet.
Meester used a number of acting techniques to add realism to the role and she locked herself away in her trailer for long periods of time to perfect her portrayal of the loathsome character. She tells Nylon, "I spent a lot of time listening to music that made me feel a certain way, and I started staring in the mirror and not liking myself."
And even her co-stars noticed her odd behavior - Kelly adds, "People on set would mistake her for being sort of antisocial. She would isolate herself from everyone." "The Roommate" is due for release in the U.S. next week.
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby