Leighton Meester Isolated Herself From Other Cast on 'Roommate' Set
Leighton Meester's castmates on the set of upcoming movie "The Roommate" were convinced the actress was "antisocial", because she completely isolated herself to prepare for the disturbing role. The "Gossip Girl" star plays a deranged student in the thriller alongside Minka Kelly, Billy Zane and Cam Gigandet.
Meester used a number of acting techniques to add realism to the role and she locked herself away in her trailer for long periods of time to perfect her portrayal of the loathsome character. She tells Nylon, "I spent a lot of time listening to music that made me feel a certain way, and I started staring in the mirror and not liking myself."
And even her co-stars noticed her odd behavior - Kelly adds, "People on set would mistake her for being sort of antisocial. She would isolate herself from everyone." "The Roommate" is due for release in the U.S. next week.
- Jessica Simpson's Marriage in Trouble? She and Husband Reportedly 'Fighting Non-Stop' for Months
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Recap: Which Pairs Win Immunity in Face-Off Week?
- Rob Kardashian Tweets Kylie's Number as He Blasts His Family for Snubbing Blac Chyna
- Report: Drake Is Actually Gay and His Rihanna Romance Is Fake
- Tom Holland Spotted Filming 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' in NYC Subway
- Audrina Patridge Shares Sweet Photo of Her Breastfeeding Her Daughter
- 'Will and Grace' Stars Reunite for Hillary Clinton Endorsement Video
- Ariana Grande Reveals Her Desire to Go Country