Cher Upset by Oscar Snub, Saying 'That Sucks'
Cher is struggling to "understand" why her movie "Burlesque" missed out on an Academy Award nomination for Best Original Song. The veteran singer/actress' power ballad "You Haven't Seen the Last of Me" earned songwriter Diane Warren a Golden Globe earlier this month, but the track was left out of the Oscars shortlist when the nominations were announced on Tuesday, January 25.
Cher has since taken to her Twitter.com page to vent her frustration over the snub. In a series of posts, she writes, "We didn't get a nomination 4 best song! That sucks! Diane's song is so beautiful! It's hard to understand how u win the Golden Globe 4 Best Song & not even get nominated by the Oscars?"
And despite topping Billboard's Dance/Club Play Songs chart with the track, Cher worries Warren would have fared better with another vocalist. Cher adds: "Maybe she would have had a better chance if someone else was singing it ?! It just can't b her song."
More Cher News
- CBS Renews 16 Series for 2017-2018 Season - Find Out Which Show Makes the Cut
- Rihanna Is Reportedly Not Surprised With Drake's New Sade Tattoo. Find Out Why
- It's Finally Here! Zayn Malik Releases New Single 'Still Got Time' Ft. PARTYNEXTDOOR
- Mariah Carey Plans to Throw More 'Subtle Shade' at Nicki Minaj
- Report: Generous George Clooney Under FBI Investigation for Money Laundering
- 'Justice League' Character Posters and Teasers Are Out, First Trailer Will Be Released Soon
- 'Twin Peaks' Revival: First Photos and Details Are Revealed
- FOX's' X-Men' Pilot 'Gifted' Unveils First BTS Photo Featuring Amy Acker