Cher Upset by Oscar Snub, Saying 'That Sucks'
Cher is struggling to "understand" why her movie "Burlesque" missed out on an Academy Award nomination for Best Original Song. The veteran singer/actress' power ballad "You Haven't Seen the Last of Me" earned songwriter Diane Warren a Golden Globe earlier this month, but the track was left out of the Oscars shortlist when the nominations were announced on Tuesday, January 25.
Cher has since taken to her Twitter.com page to vent her frustration over the snub. In a series of posts, she writes, "We didn't get a nomination 4 best song! That sucks! Diane's song is so beautiful! It's hard to understand how u win the Golden Globe 4 Best Song & not even get nominated by the Oscars?"
And despite topping Billboard's Dance/Club Play Songs chart with the track, Cher worries Warren would have fared better with another vocalist. Cher adds: "Maybe she would have had a better chance if someone else was singing it ?! It just can't b her song."
More Cher News
- Report: Blake Shelon Is Hiding Shameful Family Secrets From Gwen Stefani
- Kim Kardashian Hits Back at Haters Over Her Unretouched Bikini Photos
- Are J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Readying New Show Together?
- La La Vazquez Parties at NYC Strip Club After Ditching Kim Kardashian's Mexican Getaway
- Paris Jackson Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skimpy Outfit
- La La Vazquez Is Too Heartbroken to Join Kim Kardashian's Vacation in Mexico
- Harry Styles Makes a Mysterious Response to His Han Solo Casting Rumors
- G-Dragon and Sulli's Recent Instagram Posts Fuel Dating Speculation