Cher Upset by Oscar Snub, Saying 'That Sucks'
Cher is struggling to "understand" why her movie "Burlesque" missed out on an Academy Award nomination for Best Original Song. The veteran singer/actress' power ballad "You Haven't Seen the Last of Me" earned songwriter Diane Warren a Golden Globe earlier this month, but the track was left out of the Oscars shortlist when the nominations were announced on Tuesday, January 25.
Cher has since taken to her Twitter.com page to vent her frustration over the snub. In a series of posts, she writes, "We didn't get a nomination 4 best song! That sucks! Diane's song is so beautiful! It's hard to understand how u win the Golden Globe 4 Best Song & not even get nominated by the Oscars?"
And despite topping Billboard's Dance/Club Play Songs chart with the track, Cher worries Warren would have fared better with another vocalist. Cher adds: "Maybe she would have had a better chance if someone else was singing it ?! It just can't b her song."
More Cher News
- Iggy Azalea Dumped Nick Young After Finding Out He Impregnated His Ex Again
- Kylie Jenner and Blac Chyna's Feud Ends. Stars Become 'Close' Friends Now
- Miles Teller Has Halo Screwed to His Skull in 'Bleed for This' Trailer
- Miss Teen USA to Eliminate Swimsuit Competition
- Demi Lovato Debuts Steamy New Single 'Body Say', Brings Out T.I. at 'Future Now' Tour
- Rita Ora Hospitalized due to Exhaustion
- Tom Hanks Is a Hero in First 'Sully' Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Poses Topless for W Magazine. See the NSFW Pic!