Cher Upset by Oscar Snub, Saying 'That Sucks'
Cher is struggling to "understand" why her movie "Burlesque" missed out on an Academy Award nomination for Best Original Song. The veteran singer/actress' power ballad "You Haven't Seen the Last of Me" earned songwriter Diane Warren a Golden Globe earlier this month, but the track was left out of the Oscars shortlist when the nominations were announced on Tuesday, January 25.
Cher has since taken to her Twitter.com page to vent her frustration over the snub. In a series of posts, she writes, "We didn't get a nomination 4 best song! That sucks! Diane's song is so beautiful! It's hard to understand how u win the Golden Globe 4 Best Song & not even get nominated by the Oscars?"
And despite topping Billboard's Dance/Club Play Songs chart with the track, Cher worries Warren would have fared better with another vocalist. Cher adds: "Maybe she would have had a better chance if someone else was singing it ?! It just can't b her song."
More Cher News
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie