Cher Upset by Oscar Snub, Saying 'That Sucks'
Cher is struggling to "understand" why her movie "Burlesque" missed out on an Academy Award nomination for Best Original Song. The veteran singer/actress' power ballad "You Haven't Seen the Last of Me" earned songwriter Diane Warren a Golden Globe earlier this month, but the track was left out of the Oscars shortlist when the nominations were announced on Tuesday, January 25.
Cher has since taken to her Twitter.com page to vent her frustration over the snub. In a series of posts, she writes, "We didn't get a nomination 4 best song! That sucks! Diane's song is so beautiful! It's hard to understand how u win the Golden Globe 4 Best Song & not even get nominated by the Oscars?"
And despite topping Billboard's Dance/Club Play Songs chart with the track, Cher worries Warren would have fared better with another vocalist. Cher adds: "Maybe she would have had a better chance if someone else was singing it ?! It just can't b her song."
More Cher News
- Tiger Woods Busted for DUI in Florida
- Joaquin Phoenix and Rooney Mara Hold Hands at Cannes Amid Romance Rumors
- Kourtney Kardashian Cuddles Up to Son Reign in Skimpy Bikini
- Bella Hadid Parades Her Hot Bod in Skimpy Bikini in Monaco
- 'Womanizer' Scott Disick Cozies Up to 6th Woman in Monaco
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Nude on the Set of New Thriller 'Welcome Home'
- Rihanna Sparks Pregnancy Speculations
- Suzy Hints That She's Missing Boyfriend Lee Min Ho in New Instagram Pic