Danny Boyle Keeps Oscar in Shoe Bag
Director Danny Boyle keeps his Academy Award hidden under his bed at home. The Brit won the Best Director Oscar in 2008 for his hit "Slumdog Millionaire", but, after having the honor on display at home for a while, he decided to store it away.
He tells Britain's Live from Studio Five, "It's in a shoe bag in a box under the bed. I used to have it out (on display) and get up every day and you just can't look it - it's like an elephant in the living room, you cannot avoid it."
Boyle could soon have another Oscar to add to his collection - on Tuesday, January 25 he was nominated in the Best Adapted Screenplay category for gritty survival drama "127 Hours".
- Bella Hadid Flaunts Ample Cleavage in Racy Bikini. See the Pic!
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Cradle Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Baby During Brunch
- Jeff Bridges Joins 'Kingsman: The Golden Circle'
- Demi Lovato Mourning Her Great-Grandma's Death. Read Her Touching Tribute
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Party in Las Vegas, Talk About Wedding Plans
- Stephen Amell and Will Arnett Joke About Making an 'Arrow' Feature Film
- Liam Hemsworth Admits His 2013 Split From Miley Cyrus 'Was Hard'
- Madonna Throws Shade at BET for Diss Over Her BBMA Tribute to Prince