Danny Boyle Keeps Oscar in Shoe Bag
Director Danny Boyle keeps his Academy Award hidden under his bed at home. The Brit won the Best Director Oscar in 2008 for his hit "Slumdog Millionaire", but, after having the honor on display at home for a while, he decided to store it away.
He tells Britain's Live from Studio Five, "It's in a shoe bag in a box under the bed. I used to have it out (on display) and get up every day and you just can't look it - it's like an elephant in the living room, you cannot avoid it."
Boyle could soon have another Oscar to add to his collection - on Tuesday, January 25 he was nominated in the Best Adapted Screenplay category for gritty survival drama "127 Hours".
- 'Homeland' Finds Its Female President in 'House of Cards' Star
- Lindsay Lohan's Father Confirms She Told Him She's Pregnant
- Beyonce and 4-Year-Old Blue Ivy Play Twinsie in Cute Pictures
- Shonda Rhimes Denies 'GMA' Report That 'Scandal' Is Ending With Season 6
- Ellen Pompeo Admits She Stays on 'Grey's Anatomy' Because of Her Age
- James McAvoy Is a Psychopath in 'Split' Trailer
- Kristen Stewart 'So Much Happier' With Girlfriend Alicia Cargile Than With Any Man
- Watch: Elizabeth Banks, Idina Menzel and More Stars Cover 'Fight Song' for Hillary Clinton