Danny Boyle Keeps Oscar in Shoe Bag
Director Danny Boyle keeps his Academy Award hidden under his bed at home. The Brit won the Best Director Oscar in 2008 for his hit "Slumdog Millionaire", but, after having the honor on display at home for a while, he decided to store it away.
He tells Britain's Live from Studio Five, "It's in a shoe bag in a box under the bed. I used to have it out (on display) and get up every day and you just can't look it - it's like an elephant in the living room, you cannot avoid it."
Boyle could soon have another Oscar to add to his collection - on Tuesday, January 25 he was nominated in the Best Adapted Screenplay category for gritty survival drama "127 Hours".
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy