Danny Boyle Keeps Oscar in Shoe Bag
Director Danny Boyle keeps his Academy Award hidden under his bed at home. The Brit won the Best Director Oscar in 2008 for his hit "Slumdog Millionaire", but, after having the honor on display at home for a while, he decided to store it away.
He tells Britain's Live from Studio Five, "It's in a shoe bag in a box under the bed. I used to have it out (on display) and get up every day and you just can't look it - it's like an elephant in the living room, you cannot avoid it."
Boyle could soon have another Oscar to add to his collection - on Tuesday, January 25 he was nominated in the Best Adapted Screenplay category for gritty survival drama "127 Hours".
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sports Cornrows and Heavy Makeup in New Instagram Pics
- Pregnant Nikki Reed Bares Cleavage in Sexy Maternity Clothes
- Cristiano Ronaldo's Mother Laughs Off Georgina Rodriguez Pregnancy Rumor: 'It's Nonsense'
- Lamar Odom Is Refused Entry at Los Angeles Strip Club
- Kim Kardashian Is Begging Khloe to Be Her Surrogate for Baby No. 3
- So Cruel! Travis Scott Compares Kylie's Bedroom Skills to Sister Kendall Jenner's
- Selena Gomez Denies Collaboration With The Weeknd on New Music: 'It's Not True'
- 'Breakfast at Tiffany's' Iconic Character Holly Golightly to Become a Merchandise Queen