Danny Boyle Keeps Oscar in Shoe Bag
Director Danny Boyle keeps his Academy Award hidden under his bed at home. The Brit won the Best Director Oscar in 2008 for his hit "Slumdog Millionaire", but, after having the honor on display at home for a while, he decided to store it away.
He tells Britain's Live from Studio Five, "It's in a shoe bag in a box under the bed. I used to have it out (on display) and get up every day and you just can't look it - it's like an elephant in the living room, you cannot avoid it."
Boyle could soon have another Oscar to add to his collection - on Tuesday, January 25 he was nominated in the Best Adapted Screenplay category for gritty survival drama "127 Hours".
- Cara Delevingne Goes Bottomless to Raise Awareness for Cancer. See the Racy Snap
- Kim and Kourtney Throw Pampering Session for Khloe Kardashian Following Her Second Divorce Filing
- Listen to The Weeknd and Cashmere Cat's 'Wild Love' Collab
- Robert Zemeckis Developing Noah's Ark in Space for NBC
- Kylie Jenner Flashes Her Bra Like Kendall After Denying Boob Job Rumors
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Put Their Wedding on Hold. Find Out Why!
- Usher Releases Two New Tracks Off 'Hard II Love'
- Rihanna Gets the Biggest Gift Ever From Drake in Honor of Her VMAs Win