Nas' Tax Debt Reaches a Total of $6 Million
Rapper Nas' financial difficulties appear to be spiraling out of control - he owes more than $6 million to U.S. tax officials, according to a new report. The "I Can" star's money woes began in October 2009, when he was first hit with a tax lien for $2.58 million by officials at the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
He received another bill in February last year and was slapped with a new invoice earlier this month, according to records filed with the New York City Register of Deeds. His total tax debt now stands at just over $6.46 million, reports the Detroit News. But Nas' financial problems don't stop there - he has also been accused of falling behind on a year's worth of fees on his apartment in his native Queens, New York, amounting to $3,860.
The hip-hop star's bank balance took a huge hit following his marriage split from singer Kelis in 2009, after he was ordered to make monthly spousal and child support payments. He pleaded poverty last year and had the regular amounts reduced by half from $50,000 to $25,000.
More Nas News
- Nick Jonas Is in Talks for 'Jumanji' Reboot, Chris Evans Circles Lead Role in Lionsgate's 'Jekyll'
- Blake Shelton and Debra Messing Have Twitter Spat Over Donald Trump
- Watch Orlando Bloom Go Fanboy Over Girlfriend Katy Perry at the DNC
- Adele Brings Her Drag Impersonator Onstage During Seattle Show
- Mary J. Blige Confirms She's Divorcing Husband Kendu Isaacs After 12 Years of Marriage
- 'New Girl' Really Loves Megan Fox, Brings Her Back for Major Season 6 Arc
- 'Suicide Squad' Confirms Another DC Superhero's Appearance
- Kim Kardashian Is Unrecognizable in These TBT Photos From the 2008 Teen Choice Awards