Nas' Tax Debt Reaches a Total of $6 Million
Rapper Nas' financial difficulties appear to be spiraling out of control - he owes more than $6 million to U.S. tax officials, according to a new report. The "I Can" star's money woes began in October 2009, when he was first hit with a tax lien for $2.58 million by officials at the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
He received another bill in February last year and was slapped with a new invoice earlier this month, according to records filed with the New York City Register of Deeds. His total tax debt now stands at just over $6.46 million, reports the Detroit News. But Nas' financial problems don't stop there - he has also been accused of falling behind on a year's worth of fees on his apartment in his native Queens, New York, amounting to $3,860.
The hip-hop star's bank balance took a huge hit following his marriage split from singer Kelis in 2009, after he was ordered to make monthly spousal and child support payments. He pleaded poverty last year and had the regular amounts reduced by half from $50,000 to $25,000.
More Nas News
- 'Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later' Gets Star-Studded First Trailer
- 'Jurassic World' Sequel Reveals Official Title and First Poster
- Harry Styles Mourning the Loss of His Stepfather
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna
- Angelina Jolie and Charlize Theron Are Feuding Over 'Bride of Frankenstein' Role
- Nick Jonas to Embrace 'Positivity' in His New Album