Nas' Tax Debt Reaches a Total of $6 Million
Rapper Nas' financial difficulties appear to be spiraling out of control - he owes more than $6 million to U.S. tax officials, according to a new report. The "I Can" star's money woes began in October 2009, when he was first hit with a tax lien for $2.58 million by officials at the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
He received another bill in February last year and was slapped with a new invoice earlier this month, according to records filed with the New York City Register of Deeds. His total tax debt now stands at just over $6.46 million, reports the Detroit News. But Nas' financial problems don't stop there - he has also been accused of falling behind on a year's worth of fees on his apartment in his native Queens, New York, amounting to $3,860.
The hip-hop star's bank balance took a huge hit following his marriage split from singer Kelis in 2009, after he was ordered to make monthly spousal and child support payments. He pleaded poverty last year and had the regular amounts reduced by half from $50,000 to $25,000.
More Nas News
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show