Nas' Tax Debt Reaches a Total of $6 Million
Rapper Nas' financial difficulties appear to be spiraling out of control - he owes more than $6 million to U.S. tax officials, according to a new report. The "I Can" star's money woes began in October 2009, when he was first hit with a tax lien for $2.58 million by officials at the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
He received another bill in February last year and was slapped with a new invoice earlier this month, according to records filed with the New York City Register of Deeds. His total tax debt now stands at just over $6.46 million, reports the Detroit News. But Nas' financial problems don't stop there - he has also been accused of falling behind on a year's worth of fees on his apartment in his native Queens, New York, amounting to $3,860.
The hip-hop star's bank balance took a huge hit following his marriage split from singer Kelis in 2009, after he was ordered to make monthly spousal and child support payments. He pleaded poverty last year and had the regular amounts reduced by half from $50,000 to $25,000.
More Nas News
- Meghan Markle Wants Prince Harry to Build Her 'Enormous' Shoe Room at Kensington Palace
- Kylie Jenner Licks Khloe Kardashian's Chest in Saucy Pic for 'KUWTK' 10th Anniversary
- Hacker Threatens to Leak 'Orange Is the New Black' Season 5 Unless Netflix Pays Ransom
- Sean Paul Connects With Migos for Epic Beach Party in New Video for 'Body'
- Justin Bieber 'Loves' Popping His Pimples Just to Get Attention
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Will Be Set in Hogwarts Stand-In Location
- Brad Pitt to Have Plactic Surgery as Angelina Jolie Divorce Ruins His Appearance
- ABC's 'Gong Show' Reboot Taps Tommy Maitland or Presumably Mike Myers in Disguise to Host