Russell Simmons 'Hijacks' MySpace for a Week
Hip-hop mogul Russell Simmons has "hijacked" social networking website MySpace.com for the week after taking over as guest editor. The Def Jam Records co-founder alerted fans to his temporary new job via his Twitter.com blog on Sunday, January 23, asking for suggestions and tips on how to make the website better for its millions of users.
In a series of posts, he wrote, "I'm new ceo (chief executive officer) for a week...Taking over myspace next week any ideas... what should I do to improve it?"
And by Tuesday, January 25, Simmons had already made a number of adjustments to the site - sharing his love of yoga with readers and promoting his brother Reverend Run's reality TV show "Run's House" on the MySpace home page.
In a new blog post, he writes, "I've Hijacked @Myspace. Turned it upside down & sideways. And it's gonna stand on its head."
- Kim Kardashian Planning to Use Her Toned-Down Image to Make Herself Richer
- Taran Killam Is the New King George of 'Hamilton' in New Instagram Photo
- Katherine Heigl and Josh Kelley Welcome Baby Boy - Find Out His Name
- Katie Holmes and Suri Cruise Have Mother-Daughter Date at Lakers Game
- Justin Bieber on Selena Gomez's Romance With The Weeknd: It's Only for Promotion
- Chris Brown and Rihanna May Start Hooking Up Again After Spotted Hanging Out Together
- Chris Pratt Shares Great Chemistry With Anna Faris in 'Mom' Sneak Peek
- Amber Rose Left Blushing After Beau Val Chmerkovkiy Kisses Her at NY Knicks Game