Russell Simmons 'Hijacks' MySpace for a Week
Hip-hop mogul Russell Simmons has "hijacked" social networking website MySpace.com for the week after taking over as guest editor. The Def Jam Records co-founder alerted fans to his temporary new job via his Twitter.com blog on Sunday, January 23, asking for suggestions and tips on how to make the website better for its millions of users.
In a series of posts, he wrote, "I'm new ceo (chief executive officer) for a week...Taking over myspace next week any ideas... what should I do to improve it?"
And by Tuesday, January 25, Simmons had already made a number of adjustments to the site - sharing his love of yoga with readers and promoting his brother Reverend Run's reality TV show "Run's House" on the MySpace home page.
In a new blog post, he writes, "I've Hijacked @Myspace. Turned it upside down & sideways. And it's gonna stand on its head."
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'