Russell Simmons 'Hijacks' MySpace for a Week
Hip-hop mogul Russell Simmons has "hijacked" social networking website MySpace.com for the week after taking over as guest editor. The Def Jam Records co-founder alerted fans to his temporary new job via his Twitter.com blog on Sunday, January 23, asking for suggestions and tips on how to make the website better for its millions of users.
In a series of posts, he wrote, "I'm new ceo (chief executive officer) for a week...Taking over myspace next week any ideas... what should I do to improve it?"
And by Tuesday, January 25, Simmons had already made a number of adjustments to the site - sharing his love of yoga with readers and promoting his brother Reverend Run's reality TV show "Run's House" on the MySpace home page.
In a new blog post, he writes, "I've Hijacked @Myspace. Turned it upside down & sideways. And it's gonna stand on its head."
- Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Jason Statham Welcome Baby Boy. See His First Picture!
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting