Russell Simmons 'Hijacks' MySpace for a Week
Hip-hop mogul Russell Simmons has "hijacked" social networking website MySpace.com for the week after taking over as guest editor. The Def Jam Records co-founder alerted fans to his temporary new job via his Twitter.com blog on Sunday, January 23, asking for suggestions and tips on how to make the website better for its millions of users.
In a series of posts, he wrote, "I'm new ceo (chief executive officer) for a week...Taking over myspace next week any ideas... what should I do to improve it?"
And by Tuesday, January 25, Simmons had already made a number of adjustments to the site - sharing his love of yoga with readers and promoting his brother Reverend Run's reality TV show "Run's House" on the MySpace home page.
In a new blog post, he writes, "I've Hijacked @Myspace. Turned it upside down & sideways. And it's gonna stand on its head."
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal