Jet Li Officially Declared Singaporean
Chinese movie star Jet Li has become a Singaporean citizen. The kung fu legend was born in Beijing, China, but has held an American passport for the last two decades.
He has settled in Singapore in recent years and has now confirmed he's become an official citizen of the Asian country so his children can benefit from the education system which teaches both English and Mandarin to Chinese students.
Li tells the AFP, "My children can have good bilingual education with social stability, and my children will not be harassed by journalists and reporters. This is funny because I have been holding a U.S. passport and staying in the United States for 20 years, nobody said anything about it. Now I come to Singapore, everybody seems to be curious to know why I'm coming here."
- Surprise Baby Bump! Lake Bell Is Expecting Her Second Child
- T.J. Miller Arrested for Hitting Uber Driver
- Savannah Guthrie Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- 'Fast and Furious 8' Reveals Explosive Teaser Trailer and Official Title
- Louis Tomlinson Mourning the Loss of His Mother Who Dies of Leukemia
- Woody Harrelson Hell Bent on Killing Caesar in 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Trailer
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance