Jet Li Officially Declared Singaporean
Chinese movie star Jet Li has become a Singaporean citizen. The kung fu legend was born in Beijing, China, but has held an American passport for the last two decades.
He has settled in Singapore in recent years and has now confirmed he's become an official citizen of the Asian country so his children can benefit from the education system which teaches both English and Mandarin to Chinese students.
Li tells the AFP, "My children can have good bilingual education with social stability, and my children will not be harassed by journalists and reporters. This is funny because I have been holding a U.S. passport and staying in the United States for 20 years, nobody said anything about it. Now I come to Singapore, everybody seems to be curious to know why I'm coming here."
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal