Jet Li Officially Declared Singaporean
Chinese movie star Jet Li has become a Singaporean citizen. The kung fu legend was born in Beijing, China, but has held an American passport for the last two decades.
He has settled in Singapore in recent years and has now confirmed he's become an official citizen of the Asian country so his children can benefit from the education system which teaches both English and Mandarin to Chinese students.
Li tells the AFP, "My children can have good bilingual education with social stability, and my children will not be harassed by journalists and reporters. This is funny because I have been holding a U.S. passport and staying in the United States for 20 years, nobody said anything about it. Now I come to Singapore, everybody seems to be curious to know why I'm coming here."
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation