Jet Li Officially Declared Singaporean
Chinese movie star Jet Li has become a Singaporean citizen. The kung fu legend was born in Beijing, China, but has held an American passport for the last two decades.
He has settled in Singapore in recent years and has now confirmed he's become an official citizen of the Asian country so his children can benefit from the education system which teaches both English and Mandarin to Chinese students.
Li tells the AFP, "My children can have good bilingual education with social stability, and my children will not be harassed by journalists and reporters. This is funny because I have been holding a U.S. passport and staying in the United States for 20 years, nobody said anything about it. Now I come to Singapore, everybody seems to be curious to know why I'm coming here."
- Khloe Kardashian Sparks Engagement Rumors After Spotted With Diamond Ring
- 'The Foreigner' Trailer: Jackie Chan Get Revenge on Pierce Brosnan
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Call It Quits
- Alleged Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber Collab 'Steal Our Love' Leaks Online
- New Couple Alert? Katy Perry and Chris Martin Are Spotted Holding Hands
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed