Miranda Kerr Advises Mums Not to Abandon Breastfeeding Because of 'Social' Stigma
Miranda Kerr had no qualms about sharing a snap of her breastfeeding newborn son Flynn, and she hopes the picture will encourage other mothers to choose the natural option for their child. The model and her husband Orlando Bloom welcomed the tot earlier this month, and Kerr later uploaded an intimate photo of herself nursing the newborn on her Kora Organics website.
She's now explained her decision to show off such a revealing picture - the beauty wants to encourage others to breastfeed. In a post on her website, Kerr writes, "Our little man is now 17 days old and we are still pinching ourselves as to the reality of having had a baby and of having brought this beautiful little soul into the world... and a beautiful little soul he is..."
"The photo was one of the first photos Orlando took. We both loved it and we wanted to share it. The pleasant surprise was that it also had the added benefit of promoting breastfeeding which to me is the most natural thing in the world and I love it and the bonding time we have during these precious and beautiful moments."
"Everyone has a right to choose what they feel is best for their own baby and some people cannot breastfeed and/or do not want to and I totally respect that each person has that right to choose... don't abandon breast feeding because of any 'social' stigma (perceived or real) that might be attached to breastfeeding in public. Honestly, I for one can say there are more breasts being shown on a daily basis around the world in swimwear and low-cut dresses and tops than there are from breastfeeding mums." "I intend to breastfeed for as long as I can. My breast milk will give our little Flynn the nutrition he needs for his continued healthy development."
- Celine Dion, J.Lo, Mariah Carey and Backstreet Boys Will Not Cancel Vegas Shows Despite ISIS Threat
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service
- Report: Chris Pratt and Anna Faris Expecting Second Child
- Get a Look at Various Aliens and Creatures in Stunning 'Valerian' Final Trailer
- Katy Perry Unfollows Migos on Instagram After Backlash Over Homophobia