Robson Green & Jerome Flynn Sent Cease and Desist Letter to Simon Cowell
British actors Robson Green and Jerome Flynn grew so tired of music mogul Simon Cowell's efforts to turn them into pop stars they requested he legally be prevented from contacting them. Cowell took seven months to persuade the TV stars to record an album after their version of the Righteous Brothers' "Unchained Melody" became a hit on 1980s drama "Soldier, Soldier".
The duo went on to record a string of chart hits that never would have been if talent spotter Cowell hadn't ignored letters from their lawyers. The mogul became obsessed with Robson & Jerome after record stores around Britain started calling the label where he worked as an A&R man looking for copies of an "Unchained Melody" single that never existed.
Speaking candidly as part of the "Oprah Presents Master Class" TV series, Cowell recalls, "One of the girls said, 'They're all trying to buy a record that was on a show last night by these two actors called Robson & Jerome.' I'd never heard of them; I didn't even know what the show was."
"It took me about seven months to persuade these two to sign a recording contract with me. I drove them so mad that I was actually sent a solicitor's letter... saying, 'You've got to stop harassing my client.' The reason I kept doing it was is because a, I knew I could persuade them to do it and b, I knew it was gonna be successful... We had the biggest-selling single, biggest-selling album that year."
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart