Elton John: I'm NOT Playing at Prince William's Wedding
Elton John has ruled out a performance at the royal wedding in England this spring because he doesn't really know Prince William and his bride-to-be. The rocker famously performed a special version of his Candle in the Wind hit at the funeral of William's mother Princess Diana in 1997 - and music industry experts expect him to be at the top of the heir's wish list when it comes to selecting stars for his wedding to Kate Middleton.
But Elton tells HollyScoop.com people are getting carried away by his connections to the royals - and he's not even expecting an invite. He says, "I don't know them (princes William and Harry) very well. I've only met them twice - once when they were young and once at the Diana Memorial Concert... I knew their mother but that is the only thing. I'm not playing at the wedding. I haven't been asked and I don't expect to be asked."
But he thinks Diana's eldest son and his wife-to-be make the perfect couple: "I just hope they have the most wonderful day and life together. They seem so happy."
More Elton John News
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media
- Evan Rachel Wood Blasts Media Over Comments About Amber Heard's Bisexuality
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'