Elton John: I'm NOT Playing at Prince William's Wedding
Elton John has ruled out a performance at the royal wedding in England this spring because he doesn't really know Prince William and his bride-to-be. The rocker famously performed a special version of his Candle in the Wind hit at the funeral of William's mother Princess Diana in 1997 - and music industry experts expect him to be at the top of the heir's wish list when it comes to selecting stars for his wedding to Kate Middleton.
But Elton tells HollyScoop.com people are getting carried away by his connections to the royals - and he's not even expecting an invite. He says, "I don't know them (princes William and Harry) very well. I've only met them twice - once when they were young and once at the Diana Memorial Concert... I knew their mother but that is the only thing. I'm not playing at the wedding. I haven't been asked and I don't expect to be asked."
But he thinks Diana's eldest son and his wife-to-be make the perfect couple: "I just hope they have the most wonderful day and life together. They seem so happy."
More Elton John News
- Find Out What Ji Chang Wook Wants to Achieve Before Military Enlistment
- Backstreet Boys to Reunite With Florida Georgia Line for 'CMT Crossroads'
- Justin Bieber: Out-of-Work Crew Are Not My Responsibility
- Shia LaBeouf and Mia Goth Are on the Verge of Divorce
- Does Kim Know? Kanye West Caught Leaving Studio With Nearly Naked Woman
- Six Shortest Celebrity Marriages
- Dating for Nine Months, Drew Barrymore Is Set to Wed for the Fourth Time
- So Cool! Watch Lee Joon Gi Do His Own Dangerous Stunt for 'Criminal Minds'