Elton John: I'm NOT Playing at Prince William's Wedding
Elton John has ruled out a performance at the royal wedding in England this spring because he doesn't really know Prince William and his bride-to-be. The rocker famously performed a special version of his Candle in the Wind hit at the funeral of William's mother Princess Diana in 1997 - and music industry experts expect him to be at the top of the heir's wish list when it comes to selecting stars for his wedding to Kate Middleton.
But Elton tells HollyScoop.com people are getting carried away by his connections to the royals - and he's not even expecting an invite. He says, "I don't know them (princes William and Harry) very well. I've only met them twice - once when they were young and once at the Diana Memorial Concert... I knew their mother but that is the only thing. I'm not playing at the wedding. I haven't been asked and I don't expect to be asked."
But he thinks Diana's eldest son and his wife-to-be make the perfect couple: "I just hope they have the most wonderful day and life together. They seem so happy."
- 'Carpool Karaoke': Lady GaGa Is Novice Driver, James Corden Tries on Her Infamous Costumes
- Shia LaBeouf Is a Marine With PTSD in 'Man Down' Teaser Trailer
- Rihanna Sends Taylor Swift a Warning After Pop Diva Spent Her Night Partying With Drake
- Ray J Teams Up With Chris Brown for Kanye West 'Famous' Response
- Here's Why Ryan Reynolds Disagrees With Tim Miller's 'More Stylish' Version of 'Deadpool 2'
- Taylor Kinney Already Moves on After Lady GaGa Split. Who's His New Girlfriend?
- What Breakup? Katie Holmes and Jamie Foxx Are 'Still Together' Despite Split Rumors
- We'll Miss You, Toby! 'Pretty Little Liars' Star and Creator Say Goodbye to Keegan Allen