Elton John: I'm NOT Playing at Prince William's Wedding
Elton John has ruled out a performance at the royal wedding in England this spring because he doesn't really know Prince William and his bride-to-be. The rocker famously performed a special version of his Candle in the Wind hit at the funeral of William's mother Princess Diana in 1997 - and music industry experts expect him to be at the top of the heir's wish list when it comes to selecting stars for his wedding to Kate Middleton.
But Elton tells HollyScoop.com people are getting carried away by his connections to the royals - and he's not even expecting an invite. He says, "I don't know them (princes William and Harry) very well. I've only met them twice - once when they were young and once at the Diana Memorial Concert... I knew their mother but that is the only thing. I'm not playing at the wedding. I haven't been asked and I don't expect to be asked."
But he thinks Diana's eldest son and his wife-to-be make the perfect couple: "I just hope they have the most wonderful day and life together. They seem so happy."
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby