Chaz Bono Looks at 'Fantastic Four' Star for Physical Appearance
Cher's son Chaz Bono wants to achieve a physique like "Fantastic Four" star Michael Chiklis because he accepts he'll never be "a little guy". Bono, who was born a girl named Chastity, began the process of gender reassignment surgery in 2008 and his transition was completed in 2010, when he legally changed his gender and name with U.S. authorities.
His sex change journey was captured on camera for new documentary "Becoming Chaz", which premiered at the Sundance Film Festival in Utah on Sunday, January 23, and he reveals in the film that he's aspiring to look like Chiklis, adding, "I'm never going to be a little guy."
Addressing the audience after the Sundance screening, Bono, 41, admitted he struggled with his sexual identity a lot more than he battled with his fame as the child of Sonny Bono and Cher. He said, "Definitely being born as a woman was a lot harder than being famous. You can figure out how to work that one, but if you're a guy in a woman's body you're just screwed pretty much."
Cher was not present for the film premiere, but Bono's stepmother, U.S. politician Mary Bono, did attend the screening, according to Eonline.com's Marc Malkin.
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says