Chaz Bono Looks at 'Fantastic Four' Star for Physical Appearance
Cher's son Chaz Bono wants to achieve a physique like "Fantastic Four" star Michael Chiklis because he accepts he'll never be "a little guy". Bono, who was born a girl named Chastity, began the process of gender reassignment surgery in 2008 and his transition was completed in 2010, when he legally changed his gender and name with U.S. authorities.
His sex change journey was captured on camera for new documentary "Becoming Chaz", which premiered at the Sundance Film Festival in Utah on Sunday, January 23, and he reveals in the film that he's aspiring to look like Chiklis, adding, "I'm never going to be a little guy."
Addressing the audience after the Sundance screening, Bono, 41, admitted he struggled with his sexual identity a lot more than he battled with his fame as the child of Sonny Bono and Cher. He said, "Definitely being born as a woman was a lot harder than being famous. You can figure out how to work that one, but if you're a guy in a woman's body you're just screwed pretty much."
Cher was not present for the film premiere, but Bono's stepmother, U.S. politician Mary Bono, did attend the screening, according to Eonline.com's Marc Malkin.
- Roger Ailes - Megyn Kelly Harassment Movie Is in the Works
- Surprise Baby Bump! Lake Bell Is Expecting Her Second Child
- T.J. Miller Arrested for Hitting Uber Driver
- Savannah Guthrie Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- 'Fast and Furious 8' Reveals Explosive Teaser Trailer and Official Title
- Louis Tomlinson Mourning the Loss of His Mother Who Dies of Leukemia
- Woody Harrelson Hell Bent on Killing Caesar in 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Trailer
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation