Flavor Flav Opens Fried Chicken Restaurant and Warns Colonel Sanders
Veteran rapper Flavor Flav is waging war on fast food giant KFC after opening his first fried chicken restaurant in Clinton, Iowa - right next door to a branch of the established chain. The Public Enemy star launched Flav's Fried Chicken in the city on Monday, January 24 and he's already planning to expand the business and turn it into a U.S.-wide brand to compete with KFC and its animated spokesman, Colonel Sanders.
He says, "I always said to myself, 'Colonel Sanders, you better watch out. Your boy Flavor Flav is coming and you better watch out." The hip-hop star acknowledges he's stepping out of his comfort zone with the restaurant venture, admitting, "I ain't gonna lie (sic): this is way out there."
But he's determined to make Flav's Fried Chicken a success - and is even prepared to head into the kitchen and man the deep fryer himself. And he's confident food fans will be impressed with his secret recipe chicken, "The taste will blow up your taste buds. You'll have fireworks in there."
- Ana and Christian Get Frisky in Eatery in New 'Fifty Shades Darker' Trailer
- NBC's 'Hairspray Live!': How Twitter Reacts
- Jonathan Cheban Calls KimYe Divorce Rumors 'Histerical', Says Couple Is 'in Good Spirits'
- 'Tomb Raider' Remake Finds Villain in Walton Goggins
- Nicki Minaj Teams Up With Fetty Wap for 'Like a Star', Surprises Fans With New Bouncy Track
- Caitlyn Jenner to Become Mom Next Year as She's Banned From Meeting Baby Dream
- Rihanna Squashes Beyonce Grammys Feud Rumors: 'This Is Just Unnecessary!'
- Zac Efron Goes Shirtless in Teaser Trailer for 'Baywatch'