Flavor Flav Opens Fried Chicken Restaurant and Warns Colonel Sanders
Veteran rapper Flavor Flav is waging war on fast food giant KFC after opening his first fried chicken restaurant in Clinton, Iowa - right next door to a branch of the established chain. The Public Enemy star launched Flav's Fried Chicken in the city on Monday, January 24 and he's already planning to expand the business and turn it into a U.S.-wide brand to compete with KFC and its animated spokesman, Colonel Sanders.
He says, "I always said to myself, 'Colonel Sanders, you better watch out. Your boy Flavor Flav is coming and you better watch out." The hip-hop star acknowledges he's stepping out of his comfort zone with the restaurant venture, admitting, "I ain't gonna lie (sic): this is way out there."
But he's determined to make Flav's Fried Chicken a success - and is even prepared to head into the kitchen and man the deep fryer himself. And he's confident food fans will be impressed with his secret recipe chicken, "The taste will blow up your taste buds. You'll have fireworks in there."
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video