Flavor Flav Opens Fried Chicken Restaurant and Warns Colonel Sanders
Veteran rapper Flavor Flav is waging war on fast food giant KFC after opening his first fried chicken restaurant in Clinton, Iowa - right next door to a branch of the established chain. The Public Enemy star launched Flav's Fried Chicken in the city on Monday, January 24 and he's already planning to expand the business and turn it into a U.S.-wide brand to compete with KFC and its animated spokesman, Colonel Sanders.
He says, "I always said to myself, 'Colonel Sanders, you better watch out. Your boy Flavor Flav is coming and you better watch out." The hip-hop star acknowledges he's stepping out of his comfort zone with the restaurant venture, admitting, "I ain't gonna lie (sic): this is way out there."
But he's determined to make Flav's Fried Chicken a success - and is even prepared to head into the kitchen and man the deep fryer himself. And he's confident food fans will be impressed with his secret recipe chicken, "The taste will blow up your taste buds. You'll have fireworks in there."
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie