Flavor Flav Opens Fried Chicken Restaurant and Warns Colonel Sanders
Veteran rapper Flavor Flav is waging war on fast food giant KFC after opening his first fried chicken restaurant in Clinton, Iowa - right next door to a branch of the established chain. The Public Enemy star launched Flav's Fried Chicken in the city on Monday, January 24 and he's already planning to expand the business and turn it into a U.S.-wide brand to compete with KFC and its animated spokesman, Colonel Sanders.
He says, "I always said to myself, 'Colonel Sanders, you better watch out. Your boy Flavor Flav is coming and you better watch out." The hip-hop star acknowledges he's stepping out of his comfort zone with the restaurant venture, admitting, "I ain't gonna lie (sic): this is way out there."
But he's determined to make Flav's Fried Chicken a success - and is even prepared to head into the kitchen and man the deep fryer himself. And he's confident food fans will be impressed with his secret recipe chicken, "The taste will blow up your taste buds. You'll have fireworks in there."
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'