U2 Team Up With David Guetta for New Album
Dance star David Guetta has landed a superstar collaboration for his next project - rocker Bono wants him to produce some tracks for U2's new album. The French DJ/producer has already established himself as a top hitmaker after teaming up with the likes of Rihanna, Black Eyed Peas and Akon, but it's a planned venture with U2 that he's "really excited" about after being approached by the frontman himself.
Guetta tells MTV, "We met with Bono, and I was really excited, really honored because he proposed me to maybe produce some tracks for the next U2 album." And he insists he will have no problem adapting his music style to fit the Irish icons.
He adds, "I started a few ideas already... I've been more and more open to different styles of music, and obviously electronic music is still my main thing, but I just love music. If it's good, it doesn't matter what style. After those collaborations with all these urban artists, I thought it would be a real challenge for me to try to go in that (rock) direction."
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance