Lindsay Lohan's Dad Denies Bribery Reports
Lindsay Lohan's father has dismissed allegations his daughter paid off the rehab worker who accused her of assault, revealing the actress' lawyers attempted to negotiate "a deal" but the woman "got greedy".
Dawn Holland claimed Lohan lashed out at her last month at the Betty Ford Center in California, where the "Mean Girls" star was serving three-months of court-ordered treatment. She was later fired for talking to the media, and took her complaint to the police, but subsequently dropped charges and insisted she no longer wanted to co-operate with the investigation.
A report published on TMZ.com suggested Holland had dropped her complaint in return for a financial settlement from the star, but Lohan's father is adamant there was never a deal in place. He tells Hollyscoop.com, "From the night of this occurrence, I have been aware of the entire situation. Dawn did assault Lindsay while demanding a urine (test) and took it to another level when Lindsay demanded the phone."
"Since then, Dawn has had her attorney meet with me, negotiate with me and even propose a 'deal' with me, her lawyer and Lindsay's lawyer, Shawn Holly, and while I agreed to Dawn Holland's initial number, to procure financial stability due to getting fired, she got greedy and took it to another level."
"With Dawn Holland's record for abuse, her assault charges, her credibility and desire for money, I believe that the courts and public will see, that this is a woman, who motives and intentions (sic), to set Lindsay up, so she could have financial gain."
More Lindsay Lohan News
- 'Simpsons' Creator Matt Groening's New Animated Show 'Disenchantment' Coming to Netflix
- Robert Pattinson Addresses Relationship With FKA twigs: We're Still 'Kind of' Engaged
- Meghan Markle Wants to Have Twins With Prince Harry
- Did Justin Bieber Cancel Tour Due to Religious Reasons?
- Leonardo DiCaprio Brings 'The Right Stuff' TV Adaptation to National Geographic
- Is Celine Dion Dating Backup Dancer Pepe Munoz?
- 'Wonder Woman 2' Gets Release Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Kristen Stewart and Stella Maxwell Crash a Same-Sex Wedding to Everyone's Delight