Nicki Minaj 'Got Chased' by Police at Buckingham Palace
Hip-hop sensation Nicki Minaj caused chaos outside London's famous Buckingham Palace on Sunday evening, January 23 as armed police attempted to stop the rapper and her large entourage from loitering by the gates. The "Check It Out" hitmaker is in the U.K. capital for a promotional visit, and after rounds of interviews and club appearances she was finally able to take in the city sights at the weekend.
Minaj was given a late-night tour of the tourist hotspots by British DJ Tim Westwood, visiting landmarks including Big Ben, the London Eye and Houses of Parliament, before heading to Queen Elizabeth II's famous residence. However, police officers were forced to intervene and shoo the star and her large group of associates away from the building after they lingered to take photographs in a strict 'no stopping zone'.
Minaj documented the incident in a series of posts on her Twitter.com page, and admitted she turned to the paparazzi for help. She writes, "Trying to take a picture by the Buckingham Palace... Got chased by the police the 1st (sic) time but the paps helped us get pics from a different angle of the palace."
More Nicki Minaj News
- Are They Engaged? Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson Flaunt Matching Rings on Instagram
- Michael Phelps Secretly Weds Nicole Johnson
- Amber Tamblyn Expecting Her First Child With David Cross
- Macklemore Fighting His Demons in 'Drug Dealer' Music Video
- Gerard Butler Set to Return as Mike Banning in 'Angel Has Fallen'
- Bruno Mars Describes Adele as Diva: 'She's Got All This Attitude'
- Kim Kardashian Filming 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Backstage at Kanye West's Concert
- Katy Perry Celebrates 32nd Birthday by Voting for Hillary Clinton and Hitting Kanye West's Concert