Nicki Minaj 'Got Chased' by Police at Buckingham Palace
Hip-hop sensation Nicki Minaj caused chaos outside London's famous Buckingham Palace on Sunday evening, January 23 as armed police attempted to stop the rapper and her large entourage from loitering by the gates. The "Check It Out" hitmaker is in the U.K. capital for a promotional visit, and after rounds of interviews and club appearances she was finally able to take in the city sights at the weekend.
Minaj was given a late-night tour of the tourist hotspots by British DJ Tim Westwood, visiting landmarks including Big Ben, the London Eye and Houses of Parliament, before heading to Queen Elizabeth II's famous residence. However, police officers were forced to intervene and shoo the star and her large group of associates away from the building after they lingered to take photographs in a strict 'no stopping zone'.
Minaj documented the incident in a series of posts on her Twitter.com page, and admitted she turned to the paparazzi for help. She writes, "Trying to take a picture by the Buckingham Palace... Got chased by the police the 1st (sic) time but the paps helped us get pics from a different angle of the palace."
More Nicki Minaj News
- Colton Haynes and Fiance Jeff Leatham Get Engaged Again. See Their Matching Rings
- The Weeknd Teams Up With Drake to Perform 'Crew Love' at Toronto Show for the First Time in 3 Years
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Are House-Hunting in Norfolk
- Emmy Rossum and 'Mr. Robot' Creator Sam Esmail Tie the Knot in Intimate Ceremony. See the Pics!
- Caitlyn Jenner Says She's Never 'Entirely Comfortable' Having Sex With Kris
- 'Logan Lucky' First Trailer: Channing Tatum, Daniel Craig and Adam Driver Plan a Heist
- Sofia Richie Shuts Down Scott Disick Dating Rumors: We Are Just 'Homies'
- Pictures of Pippa Middleton and James Matthews' Tropical Honeymoon Surface