Nicki Minaj 'Got Chased' by Police at Buckingham Palace
Hip-hop sensation Nicki Minaj caused chaos outside London's famous Buckingham Palace on Sunday evening, January 23 as armed police attempted to stop the rapper and her large entourage from loitering by the gates. The "Check It Out" hitmaker is in the U.K. capital for a promotional visit, and after rounds of interviews and club appearances she was finally able to take in the city sights at the weekend.
Minaj was given a late-night tour of the tourist hotspots by British DJ Tim Westwood, visiting landmarks including Big Ben, the London Eye and Houses of Parliament, before heading to Queen Elizabeth II's famous residence. However, police officers were forced to intervene and shoo the star and her large group of associates away from the building after they lingered to take photographs in a strict 'no stopping zone'.
Minaj documented the incident in a series of posts on her Twitter.com page, and admitted she turned to the paparazzi for help. She writes, "Trying to take a picture by the Buckingham Palace... Got chased by the police the 1st (sic) time but the paps helped us get pics from a different angle of the palace."
More Nicki Minaj News
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7: Major Spoiler About Daenerys Leaked