'Glee' Smashed Elvis Presley's Record in U.K.
The cast of "Glee" has smashed Elvis Presley's U.K. pop chart record by becoming the fastest act to score 20 top 40 hits. The all-singing, all-dancing TV show, starring Lea Michele and Matthew Morrison, has wowed viewers since it debuted in 2009 and fans have flocked to buy songs performed on the series.
"Glee"'s Britney Spears tribute episode aired in the U.K. last week, and the cast's rendition of "Toxic" entered the charts on Sunday, January 23, giving the show's stars their 20th hit in just 57 weeks - 31 weeks ahead of Elvis' record.
Martin Talbot, the managing director of the Official Charts Company, tells Britain's The Independent, "The success emphasizes how digital downloading has transformed the consumer's engagement with music. The Glee cast are superstars of the digital music age."
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video