'Glee' Smashed Elvis Presley's Record in U.K.
The cast of "Glee" has smashed Elvis Presley's U.K. pop chart record by becoming the fastest act to score 20 top 40 hits. The all-singing, all-dancing TV show, starring Lea Michele and Matthew Morrison, has wowed viewers since it debuted in 2009 and fans have flocked to buy songs performed on the series.
"Glee"'s Britney Spears tribute episode aired in the U.K. last week, and the cast's rendition of "Toxic" entered the charts on Sunday, January 23, giving the show's stars their 20th hit in just 57 weeks - 31 weeks ahead of Elvis' record.
Martin Talbot, the managing director of the Official Charts Company, tells Britain's The Independent, "The success emphasizes how digital downloading has transformed the consumer's engagement with music. The Glee cast are superstars of the digital music age."
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia
- Possible 'Jurassic World 2' Plot Details Revealed
- 'Sherlock' Could Get Axed, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's Busy Schedules Are to Blame