'Glee' Smashed Elvis Presley's Record in U.K.
The cast of "Glee" has smashed Elvis Presley's U.K. pop chart record by becoming the fastest act to score 20 top 40 hits. The all-singing, all-dancing TV show, starring Lea Michele and Matthew Morrison, has wowed viewers since it debuted in 2009 and fans have flocked to buy songs performed on the series.
"Glee"'s Britney Spears tribute episode aired in the U.K. last week, and the cast's rendition of "Toxic" entered the charts on Sunday, January 23, giving the show's stars their 20th hit in just 57 weeks - 31 weeks ahead of Elvis' record.
Martin Talbot, the managing director of the Official Charts Company, tells Britain's The Independent, "The success emphasizes how digital downloading has transformed the consumer's engagement with music. The Glee cast are superstars of the digital music age."
- Kanye West Surprises Kim Kardashian With Huge Flower Bouquets Again for Wedding Anniversary
- Peek-a-Boob! Pamela Anderson Flaunts Famous Cleavage in Slashed Gown in Monaco
- Ben Stiller and Christine Taylor Announce Split After 17 Years of Marriage
- Ariana Grande Shares Emotional Letter, Announces Manchester Benefit Concert: 'We Won't Let Hate Win'
- 'Paddington 2' Gets a January 2018 Release Date
- Madonna Is 'Getting Serious' With Her New Toy Boy
- Is Angelina Jolie Adopting More Children Following Brad Pitt Divorce?
- Is Kim Kardashian Exiting 'KUWTK' for Politics?