'Glee' Smashed Elvis Presley's Record in U.K.
The cast of "Glee" has smashed Elvis Presley's U.K. pop chart record by becoming the fastest act to score 20 top 40 hits. The all-singing, all-dancing TV show, starring Lea Michele and Matthew Morrison, has wowed viewers since it debuted in 2009 and fans have flocked to buy songs performed on the series.
"Glee"'s Britney Spears tribute episode aired in the U.K. last week, and the cast's rendition of "Toxic" entered the charts on Sunday, January 23, giving the show's stars their 20th hit in just 57 weeks - 31 weeks ahead of Elvis' record.
Martin Talbot, the managing director of the Official Charts Company, tells Britain's The Independent, "The success emphasizes how digital downloading has transformed the consumer's engagement with music. The Glee cast are superstars of the digital music age."
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip
- Katie Holmes Looks Gloomy Amid Rumor She Gets 'Dumped' by Jamie Foxx
- New 'Game of Thrones' Set Video Captures the Monumental Meeting
- Jay-Z to Host Clinton Concert Aimed at Young Black Voters in Ohio
- Here's the First Look at Cate Blanchett and Sandra Bullock on 'Ocean's Eight' Set
- Lady GaGa Annoyed by Traffic in 'Carpool Karaoke'. Get the Sneak Peek!
- Ryan Lochte Celebrates His Dog's 8th Birthday for Three Consecutive Years