Fitness Guru Jack LaLanne Died of Respiratory Failure
American TV personality and fitness guru Jack LaLanne has died, aged 96. The star passed away after suffering respiratory failure due to pneumonia at his home in Morro Bay, California on Sunday, January 23.
LaLanne, who was a keen bodybuilder and owned a chain of gyms, won over viewers with his motivational show "The Jack LaLanne Show", in which he offered advice on fitness and exercise. The show ended in the 1970s after 34 years.
He was recognized for his achievements with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame and he was also inducted into the California Hall of Fame. In a statement, his wife Elaine says, "I have not only lost my husband and a great American icon, but the best friend and most loving partner anyone could ever hope for."
LaLanne is survived by Elaine, as well as two sons, Dan and Jon, and a daughter, Yvonne.
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama