Fitness Guru Jack LaLanne Died of Respiratory Failure
American TV personality and fitness guru Jack LaLanne has died, aged 96. The star passed away after suffering respiratory failure due to pneumonia at his home in Morro Bay, California on Sunday, January 23.
LaLanne, who was a keen bodybuilder and owned a chain of gyms, won over viewers with his motivational show "The Jack LaLanne Show", in which he offered advice on fitness and exercise. The show ended in the 1970s after 34 years.
He was recognized for his achievements with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame and he was also inducted into the California Hall of Fame. In a statement, his wife Elaine says, "I have not only lost my husband and a great American icon, but the best friend and most loving partner anyone could ever hope for."
LaLanne is survived by Elaine, as well as two sons, Dan and Jon, and a daughter, Yvonne.
- Donald Glover Officially Cast as Young Lando Calrissian in 'Han Solo' Movie
- Perrie Edwards Was Left Homeless After Nasty Split From Zayn Malik
- Azealia Banks Pens Apology Letter to Zayn Malik
- Weird Al Turns Final Presidential Debate Into Song Called 'Bad Hombres, Nasty Women'
- Chris Pine and Gugu Mbatha-Raw Join the Cast of Disney's 'A Wrinkle in Time'
- Judge Approves Taylor Swift's Request to Seal Her Groping Photo
- Angelina Jolie Already 'Misses' Brad Pitt, Is Having 'Second Thoughts' About Divorce
- Watch Amy Schumer and Goldie Hawn Parody Beyonce's 'Formation' Video