Fitness Guru Jack LaLanne Died of Respiratory Failure
American TV personality and fitness guru Jack LaLanne has died, aged 96. The star passed away after suffering respiratory failure due to pneumonia at his home in Morro Bay, California on Sunday, January 23.
LaLanne, who was a keen bodybuilder and owned a chain of gyms, won over viewers with his motivational show "The Jack LaLanne Show", in which he offered advice on fitness and exercise. The show ended in the 1970s after 34 years.
He was recognized for his achievements with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame and he was also inducted into the California Hall of Fame. In a statement, his wife Elaine says, "I have not only lost my husband and a great American icon, but the best friend and most loving partner anyone could ever hope for."
LaLanne is survived by Elaine, as well as two sons, Dan and Jon, and a daughter, Yvonne.
- Kate Gosselin Sends Son Collin Away to Get Help for 'Special Needs'
- Leslie Jones' Nude Photos and Personal Information Leaked After Her Website Got Hacked
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago