Fitness Guru Jack LaLanne Died of Respiratory Failure
American TV personality and fitness guru Jack LaLanne has died, aged 96. The star passed away after suffering respiratory failure due to pneumonia at his home in Morro Bay, California on Sunday, January 23.
LaLanne, who was a keen bodybuilder and owned a chain of gyms, won over viewers with his motivational show "The Jack LaLanne Show", in which he offered advice on fitness and exercise. The show ended in the 1970s after 34 years.
He was recognized for his achievements with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame and he was also inducted into the California Hall of Fame. In a statement, his wife Elaine says, "I have not only lost my husband and a great American icon, but the best friend and most loving partner anyone could ever hope for."
LaLanne is survived by Elaine, as well as two sons, Dan and Jon, and a daughter, Yvonne.
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media