Fitness Guru Jack LaLanne Died of Respiratory Failure
American TV personality and fitness guru Jack LaLanne has died, aged 96. The star passed away after suffering respiratory failure due to pneumonia at his home in Morro Bay, California on Sunday, January 23.
LaLanne, who was a keen bodybuilder and owned a chain of gyms, won over viewers with his motivational show "The Jack LaLanne Show", in which he offered advice on fitness and exercise. The show ended in the 1970s after 34 years.
He was recognized for his achievements with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame and he was also inducted into the California Hall of Fame. In a statement, his wife Elaine says, "I have not only lost my husband and a great American icon, but the best friend and most loving partner anyone could ever hope for."
LaLanne is survived by Elaine, as well as two sons, Dan and Jon, and a daughter, Yvonne.
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism