Michelle Obama Criticized for Wearing Alexander McQueen Dress
Designer Oscar De La Renta has taken aim at America's First Lady Michelle Obama for wearing an Alexander McQueen gown during a recent state dinner for China's President Hu Jintao. Obama's red dress was a big hit at the official event on Wednesday, January 19, but De La Renta wasn't a fan - he feels Obama should have worn something designed by an American stylist.
The fashion icon tells WWD.com, "My understanding is that the visit was to promote American-Chinese trade - American products in China and Chinese products in America. Why do you wear European clothes?"
"I'm not talking about my clothes, my business. I'm old, and I don't need it. But there are a lot of young people, very talented people here (in America) who do."
- Jay-Z Is Producing a Series About Trayvon Martin
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor