Michelle Obama Criticized for Wearing Alexander McQueen Dress
Designer Oscar De La Renta has taken aim at America's First Lady Michelle Obama for wearing an Alexander McQueen gown during a recent state dinner for China's President Hu Jintao. Obama's red dress was a big hit at the official event on Wednesday, January 19, but De La Renta wasn't a fan - he feels Obama should have worn something designed by an American stylist.
The fashion icon tells WWD.com, "My understanding is that the visit was to promote American-Chinese trade - American products in China and Chinese products in America. Why do you wear European clothes?"
"I'm not talking about my clothes, my business. I'm old, and I don't need it. But there are a lot of young people, very talented people here (in America) who do."
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard