Michelle Obama Criticized for Wearing Alexander McQueen Dress
Designer Oscar De La Renta has taken aim at America's First Lady Michelle Obama for wearing an Alexander McQueen gown during a recent state dinner for China's President Hu Jintao. Obama's red dress was a big hit at the official event on Wednesday, January 19, but De La Renta wasn't a fan - he feels Obama should have worn something designed by an American stylist.
The fashion icon tells WWD.com, "My understanding is that the visit was to promote American-Chinese trade - American products in China and Chinese products in America. Why do you wear European clothes?"
"I'm not talking about my clothes, my business. I'm old, and I don't need it. But there are a lot of young people, very talented people here (in America) who do."
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March