Michelle Obama Criticized for Wearing Alexander McQueen Dress
Designer Oscar De La Renta has taken aim at America's First Lady Michelle Obama for wearing an Alexander McQueen gown during a recent state dinner for China's President Hu Jintao. Obama's red dress was a big hit at the official event on Wednesday, January 19, but De La Renta wasn't a fan - he feels Obama should have worn something designed by an American stylist.
The fashion icon tells WWD.com, "My understanding is that the visit was to promote American-Chinese trade - American products in China and Chinese products in America. Why do you wear European clothes?"
"I'm not talking about my clothes, my business. I'm old, and I don't need it. But there are a lot of young people, very talented people here (in America) who do."
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce