Robert Pattinson Approaches Producer to Land Role in Jeff Buckley Biopic
"Twilight" hunk Robert Pattinson is hoping to showcase his musical skills on the big screen in a planned biopic about cult singer Jeff Buckley. The British actor has approached producers about depicting the late "Hallelujah" hitmaker once he completes the last two movies in the vampire franchise.
But Pattinson, who sang on the "Twilight" soundtrack, will have to impress with his musicianship if he wants to land the coveted role. Producer Michelle Sy says, "I've met actors who are keen on the part and Robert was one... The actor must be able to play music and sing, or at least make it believable he can do that."
The 24 year old has already received a vote of confidence from Mary Guibert, Buckley's mother, amid reports actors including James Franco and James Marsden are also vying for the part. Guibert says, "Robert is a fine young actor. I'm flattered he's been linked to the project. When the times comes we'll give everybody an opportunity to be seen and heard."
Buckley drowned in Memphis, Tennessee in 1997 when he was just 30 years old.
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed