Robert Pattinson Approaches Producer to Land Role in Jeff Buckley Biopic
"Twilight" hunk Robert Pattinson is hoping to showcase his musical skills on the big screen in a planned biopic about cult singer Jeff Buckley. The British actor has approached producers about depicting the late "Hallelujah" hitmaker once he completes the last two movies in the vampire franchise.
But Pattinson, who sang on the "Twilight" soundtrack, will have to impress with his musicianship if he wants to land the coveted role. Producer Michelle Sy says, "I've met actors who are keen on the part and Robert was one... The actor must be able to play music and sing, or at least make it believable he can do that."
The 24 year old has already received a vote of confidence from Mary Guibert, Buckley's mother, amid reports actors including James Franco and James Marsden are also vying for the part. Guibert says, "Robert is a fine young actor. I'm flattered he's been linked to the project. When the times comes we'll give everybody an opportunity to be seen and heard."
Buckley drowned in Memphis, Tennessee in 1997 when he was just 30 years old.
More Robert Pattinson News
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'