'Twilight' Star Launches Painless Hair Extension Product
New "Twilight" star Judi Shekoni has a sideline business - she runs one of the world's most celebrated new hair extension companies. The British actress, who will vamp it up as Zafrina in the new "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn" movies, tells WENN she set up Extensions Evolution with a friend last year and business has really taken off.
The stunning star explains, "I've always been wearing hair extensions since the age of 16 and I've definitely made a few weave mistakes in my time. It's just always been important to me to find better techniques and to make my hair look good."
"My friend already had a company in England where she had done it before and she was interested in doing it again and so we decided to go into partnership. We researched it for about a year-and-a-half; all the manufacturing, and figuring everything out before we launched in 2010 and it was instantly successful. We now have stockists in Nigeria, Australia, England, America and Switzerland."
Shekoni insists her line is a success because it's user-friendly and does away with the pain of extensions. She adds, "We use hair extensions and techniques that don't damage your hair. The idea is you use our product until your own hair grows and then you don't need the extensions anymore, versus using hair extensions that rip out your own hair."
"It has been amazing. We have wigs that Beyonce wears and Tyra Banks wears... and we get hair from Russia and China and Brazil."
The company became so successful so quickly, the actress considered quitting showbusiness and going back to school to study business. She says, "I moved back to England and studied for an MBA at Westminster University. I did it for a while but acting came calling again and I decided to move back to L.A."
That decision resulted in her landing a dream role in the new "Twilight" movies.
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name
- Debby Ryan Gets Probation After Pleading No Contest to DUI
- Justin Bieber Falls Again on Stage During His Concert
- Scott Eastwood Is in Talks to Star in 'Pacific Rim 2'
- Video: Chris Brown Throws a Fan's Phone Used to Film Him at a Club
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Season 4 Casting News Fuels the Ghost Rider Speculation
- 'Quantico' Beauty Priyanka Chopra Reveals She Has 'Never Dated.' Here's Why