Leukemia-Stricken Etta James Fighting for Life
A representative for Etta James has asked fans to pray for the cancer-fighting blues star as she approaches her 73rd birthday. It emerged earlier this month that the "At Last" singer is gravely ill and undergoing treatment for leukemia in California.
James is due to turn 73 on Tuesday, January 25 - and her manager has called for the support of devotees to help the star through her health problems. The rep says, "It breaks my heart to see her this way. But she is fighting. I just ask everyone to pray for Etta."
James has been out of the spotlight in recent years and has suffered from Alzheimer's disease since 2009.
- A Cheeky Man Outshines Doutzen Kroes During Bikini Photo Shoot by Baring His Bum
- Rita Ora Strips Down to Nude Bra on Instagram - See the Racy Lingerie Snap
- R. Kelly Sued for Allegedly Having a 5-Year Affair With a Man's Wife
- Tristan Thompson Reportedly Will Propose to Khloe Kardashian After NBA Championship
- 'Petty' Kylie Jenner's Not Happy Scott Disick Still Hangs Out With Her Ex Tyga
- 'The Walking Dead': The First Two New Characters in Season 8 Revealed
- 'Unbreakable'/'Split' Sequel 'Glass' Is Announced, Bruce Willis and James McAvoy Will Return
- Kim Kardashian's 'Jealous' of Kourtney's Hot Beach Body