Leukemia-Stricken Etta James Fighting for Life
A representative for Etta James has asked fans to pray for the cancer-fighting blues star as she approaches her 73rd birthday. It emerged earlier this month that the "At Last" singer is gravely ill and undergoing treatment for leukemia in California.
James is due to turn 73 on Tuesday, January 25 - and her manager has called for the support of devotees to help the star through her health problems. The rep says, "It breaks my heart to see her this way. But she is fighting. I just ask everyone to pray for Etta."
James has been out of the spotlight in recent years and has suffered from Alzheimer's disease since 2009.
- 'The Purge' Heading to TV as 'Interwoven Anthology'
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie