Leukemia-Stricken Etta James Fighting for Life
A representative for Etta James has asked fans to pray for the cancer-fighting blues star as she approaches her 73rd birthday. It emerged earlier this month that the "At Last" singer is gravely ill and undergoing treatment for leukemia in California.
James is due to turn 73 on Tuesday, January 25 - and her manager has called for the support of devotees to help the star through her health problems. The rep says, "It breaks my heart to see her this way. But she is fighting. I just ask everyone to pray for Etta."
James has been out of the spotlight in recent years and has suffered from Alzheimer's disease since 2009.
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia
- Possible 'Jurassic World 2' Plot Details Revealed
- 'Sherlock' Could Get Axed, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's Busy Schedules Are to Blame