Leukemia-Stricken Etta James Fighting for Life
A representative for Etta James has asked fans to pray for the cancer-fighting blues star as she approaches her 73rd birthday. It emerged earlier this month that the "At Last" singer is gravely ill and undergoing treatment for leukemia in California.
James is due to turn 73 on Tuesday, January 25 - and her manager has called for the support of devotees to help the star through her health problems. The rep says, "It breaks my heart to see her this way. But she is fighting. I just ask everyone to pray for Etta."
James has been out of the spotlight in recent years and has suffered from Alzheimer's disease since 2009.
- 'Pitch Perfect 3' Release Pushed Back to Winter 2017
- Amber Heard Claims Police Lie About Finding No Evidence to Protect Johnny Depp
- 'Mary Poppins Returns' Gets Christmas Release Date and Official Synopsis
- Khloe Kardashian Cozying Up to Odell Beckham Jr. at Drake's Memorial Day Party
- Keira Knightley Defended by Directors and Fellow Stars After John Carney Trashed Her
- Jena Malone and Boyfriend Welcome Baby Boy - Meet Baby Ode!
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace Convicted of Second-Degree Murder for Shooting His Wife
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'