Leukemia-Stricken Etta James Fighting for Life
A representative for Etta James has asked fans to pray for the cancer-fighting blues star as she approaches her 73rd birthday. It emerged earlier this month that the "At Last" singer is gravely ill and undergoing treatment for leukemia in California.
James is due to turn 73 on Tuesday, January 25 - and her manager has called for the support of devotees to help the star through her health problems. The rep says, "It breaks my heart to see her this way. But she is fighting. I just ask everyone to pray for Etta."
James has been out of the spotlight in recent years and has suffered from Alzheimer's disease since 2009.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked