Former 'Idol' Hopeful Nikki McKibbi Blames Simon Cowell for Her Doomed Career
Former "American Idol" hopeful Nikki McKibbin's pop career was doomed early on when she rebuked Simon Cowell for a comment he made about her eyes, according to a new book. McKibbin was one of the wannabes on the first season of the show - but she blew her big chance when she upset Cowell.
Richard Rushfield, the author of American Idol: The Untold Story, tells BlogTalkRadio.com, "There was a lot more interaction between judges and contestants and Nikki McKibbin, who ended up coming in third place that year, says that Simon Cowell approached her backstage and made a comment about her eyes that she found offensive and creepy."
"She is not one to hold her tongue and lashed out at him and, in no uncertain terms, she says she told him she thought he was a perv. Subsequently, because of this or not, she was Simon's whipping post for the rest of the season and could do no right for the rest of the year after that."
- Kim Kardashian Says Goodbye to Barack Obama's Presidency With Throwback Pics
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?