Former 'Idol' Hopeful Nikki McKibbi Blames Simon Cowell for Her Doomed Career
Former "American Idol" hopeful Nikki McKibbin's pop career was doomed early on when she rebuked Simon Cowell for a comment he made about her eyes, according to a new book. McKibbin was one of the wannabes on the first season of the show - but she blew her big chance when she upset Cowell.
Richard Rushfield, the author of American Idol: The Untold Story, tells BlogTalkRadio.com, "There was a lot more interaction between judges and contestants and Nikki McKibbin, who ended up coming in third place that year, says that Simon Cowell approached her backstage and made a comment about her eyes that she found offensive and creepy."
"She is not one to hold her tongue and lashed out at him and, in no uncertain terms, she says she told him she thought he was a perv. Subsequently, because of this or not, she was Simon's whipping post for the rest of the season and could do no right for the rest of the year after that."
- Spidey Faces Off Vulture in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' First Trailer
- AFI Lists 'Game of Thrones', 'The Americans' and 'Better Call Saul' as Best TV Shows of 2016
- Kanye West Debuts Blonde Hair While Making First Public Appearance Since Hospitalization
- 'Logan' Reveals First Look at Richard E. Grant's Zander Rice
- Candace Cameron Exits 'The View' Because of 'Fuller House'
- First Look at Dinozords Unveiled in 'Power Rangers' Poster
- Kobe Bryant and Wife Vanessa Welcome Baby No. 3
- John Cena Enters Battlefield in Intense Trailer for Doug Liman's 'The Wall'