Former 'Idol' Hopeful Nikki McKibbi Blames Simon Cowell for Her Doomed Career
Former "American Idol" hopeful Nikki McKibbin's pop career was doomed early on when she rebuked Simon Cowell for a comment he made about her eyes, according to a new book. McKibbin was one of the wannabes on the first season of the show - but she blew her big chance when she upset Cowell.
Richard Rushfield, the author of American Idol: The Untold Story, tells BlogTalkRadio.com, "There was a lot more interaction between judges and contestants and Nikki McKibbin, who ended up coming in third place that year, says that Simon Cowell approached her backstage and made a comment about her eyes that she found offensive and creepy."
"She is not one to hold her tongue and lashed out at him and, in no uncertain terms, she says she told him she thought he was a perv. Subsequently, because of this or not, she was Simon's whipping post for the rest of the season and could do no right for the rest of the year after that."
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival