Former 'Idol' Hopeful Nikki McKibbi Blames Simon Cowell for Her Doomed Career
Former "American Idol" hopeful Nikki McKibbin's pop career was doomed early on when she rebuked Simon Cowell for a comment he made about her eyes, according to a new book. McKibbin was one of the wannabes on the first season of the show - but she blew her big chance when she upset Cowell.
Richard Rushfield, the author of American Idol: The Untold Story, tells BlogTalkRadio.com, "There was a lot more interaction between judges and contestants and Nikki McKibbin, who ended up coming in third place that year, says that Simon Cowell approached her backstage and made a comment about her eyes that she found offensive and creepy."
"She is not one to hold her tongue and lashed out at him and, in no uncertain terms, she says she told him she thought he was a perv. Subsequently, because of this or not, she was Simon's whipping post for the rest of the season and could do no right for the rest of the year after that."
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic