Michael Jackson's Mother Challenges Promoters' Lawsuit Dismissal Request
Michael Jackson's mother has launched a legal battle with the King of Pop's concert promoters, insisting they ignored life-threatening activities that were going on behind closed doors at the star's rented mansion - and resulted in his death.
Katherine Jackson is suing executives at AEG, the company behind the "Thriller" hitmaker's doomed comeback shows in London, for fraud and negligence. The late pop superstar's physician, Dr. Conrad Murray, has been ordered to stand trial on involuntary manslaughter charges, relating to the June 2009 tragedy - and the singer's mum feels sure promoters knew what he was doing.
Katherine is challenging AEG's motion to dismiss the wrongful death lawsuit against the company, according to TMZ.com. In her documents, she alleges AEG retained Dr. Murray for an "exorbitant salary of $150,000 monthly," and in return Murray agreed to "get Jackson to attend rehearsals and perform".
Her legal team claims, "AEG should have known that the course of treatment being administered by Dr. Murray was unorthodox and unsafe." Dr. Murray is accused of administering the dose of anaesthetic Propofol, which killed Jackson.
More Michael Jackson News
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!