Quentin Tarantino to Be Guest of Honor at Cesar Awards
Quentin Tarantino will be the guest of honor at the Cesar Awards in France next month when he will be honored for his career achievements. The "Pulp Fiction" moviemaker, whose filmography also includes the "Kill Bill" franchise and "Reservoir Dogs", will be hailed "a great international artist" at the 2011 event in Paris.
News of the French recognition comes one week after Tarantino was celebrated at the Critics' Choice Awards for his ability to marry music and film on the big screen. Meanwhile, Algerian film "Of Gods and Men" will be the main contender at France's equivalent of the Oscars - it leads all nominations with 11, including one for Best Picture.
Roman Polanski's "The Ghost Writer", which was released as "The Ghost" in Europe, garnered eight mentions and will also compete for the movie of the year accolade. Other multiple nominees include Gainsbourg, a biopic about singer Serge Gainsbourg, which earned eight nods, and "The Princess of Montpensier" and "On Tour", which both received seven nominations.
Stars set to battle for acting honors include Gerard Depardieu, Catherine Deneuve, Kristin Scott Thomas and Charlotte Gainsbourg, Serge's daughter. Meanwhile, "The Social Network" is up for Best Foreign Film, competing against sci-fi thriller "Inception" and Clint Eastwood's "Invictus", among others.
The annual awards will be hosted by Jodie Foster on February 25.
- Scott Eastwood Is in Talks to Star in 'Pacific Rim 2'
- Video: Chris Brown Throws a Fan's Phone Used to Film Him at a Club
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Season 4 Casting News Fuels the Ghost Rider Speculation
- 'Quantico' Beauty Priyanka Chopra Reveals She Has 'Never Dated.' Here's Why
- Drake Says His Heart's Broken by Rihanna as They Spark New Dating Rumor in London
- First Look at Matthew McConaughey as Man in Black on 'The Dark Tower' Set
- Fergie Debuts 'M.I.L.F. $'. Listen to the Empowering New Track!
- Nicki Minaj Goes Braless and Flashes Ample Boob in This Photo