Quentin Tarantino to Be Guest of Honor at Cesar Awards
Quentin Tarantino will be the guest of honor at the Cesar Awards in France next month when he will be honored for his career achievements. The "Pulp Fiction" moviemaker, whose filmography also includes the "Kill Bill" franchise and "Reservoir Dogs", will be hailed "a great international artist" at the 2011 event in Paris.
News of the French recognition comes one week after Tarantino was celebrated at the Critics' Choice Awards for his ability to marry music and film on the big screen. Meanwhile, Algerian film "Of Gods and Men" will be the main contender at France's equivalent of the Oscars - it leads all nominations with 11, including one for Best Picture.
Roman Polanski's "The Ghost Writer", which was released as "The Ghost" in Europe, garnered eight mentions and will also compete for the movie of the year accolade. Other multiple nominees include Gainsbourg, a biopic about singer Serge Gainsbourg, which earned eight nods, and "The Princess of Montpensier" and "On Tour", which both received seven nominations.
Stars set to battle for acting honors include Gerard Depardieu, Catherine Deneuve, Kristin Scott Thomas and Charlotte Gainsbourg, Serge's daughter. Meanwhile, "The Social Network" is up for Best Foreign Film, competing against sci-fi thriller "Inception" and Clint Eastwood's "Invictus", among others.
The annual awards will be hosted by Jodie Foster on February 25.
- Ivanka Trump's Brother-In-Law Joshua Kushner Joined Women's March on Washington
- Like It or Not, Donald Trump's Inauguration Draws Second Biggest Ratings in 36 Years
- Madonna Defends 'Blowing Up the White House' Remark as Secret Service Is Planning to Investigate Her
- Is 'Once Upon a Time' Preparing a Musical Episode in Season 6?
- 'Split' Tops Domestic Box Office, 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Hits $1 Billion Worldwide
- Possible First Look at Superman's Black Suit in 'Justice League' Unveiled
- The Weeknd's 'Starboy' Stays at No. 1, The xx's 'I See You' Nabs Second Place on Billboard 200
- Keke Palmer Accuses Trey Songz of 'Sexual Intimidation' for Including Her in His Video