Quentin Tarantino to Be Guest of Honor at Cesar Awards
Quentin Tarantino will be the guest of honor at the Cesar Awards in France next month when he will be honored for his career achievements. The "Pulp Fiction" moviemaker, whose filmography also includes the "Kill Bill" franchise and "Reservoir Dogs", will be hailed "a great international artist" at the 2011 event in Paris.
News of the French recognition comes one week after Tarantino was celebrated at the Critics' Choice Awards for his ability to marry music and film on the big screen. Meanwhile, Algerian film "Of Gods and Men" will be the main contender at France's equivalent of the Oscars - it leads all nominations with 11, including one for Best Picture.
Roman Polanski's "The Ghost Writer", which was released as "The Ghost" in Europe, garnered eight mentions and will also compete for the movie of the year accolade. Other multiple nominees include Gainsbourg, a biopic about singer Serge Gainsbourg, which earned eight nods, and "The Princess of Montpensier" and "On Tour", which both received seven nominations.
Stars set to battle for acting honors include Gerard Depardieu, Catherine Deneuve, Kristin Scott Thomas and Charlotte Gainsbourg, Serge's daughter. Meanwhile, "The Social Network" is up for Best Foreign Film, competing against sci-fi thriller "Inception" and Clint Eastwood's "Invictus", among others.
The annual awards will be hosted by Jodie Foster on February 25.
- Mariah Carey Sizzles in Racy Latex Outfit While Reuniting With Nick Cannon for Halloween Party
- 'The Walking Dead' Reveals Negan's Victim(s) With Brutal Twist
- 'Boo! A Madea Halloween' Tops Domestic Box Office, 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' Rules Overseas
- Drake Announces 'More Life' Project, Previews 4 New Songs
- Ryan Gosling Could've Starred on 'Gilmore Girls'
- Are They Dating? John Mayer Spotted Getting Close to Demi Lovato While Hanging Out in LA
- Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom Reach Divorce Settlement
- Justin Bieber Throws His Mic and Walks Off Stage After Getting Booed in Manchester