Kalimba Jailed for Raping Teen Girl
Mexican pop star Kalimba has been jailed following allegations he raped a teenage girl last month. The singer, a former member of pop group OV7, stands accused of sexually assaulting a 17 year old at a hotel in Chetumal, Quintana Roo on December 19, 2010.
A Mexican judge recently issued a warrant for his arrest and the singer was detained in Texas, where he is said to have been attending to business, earlier this week, and deported to his homeland. Kalimba has denied the rape allegations and is expected to appear before a judge to fight the charges later this month.
Kalimba's attorney told the AP that he was in Texas on business and was not trying to flee. The event has spawn a videogame on the internet called "Run Kalimba, Run" which objective is to evade the 32 cops while jumping obstacles by clicking.
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture
- Iggy Azalea and French Montana Are Pictured Kissing as a Source Confirms Their Relationship
- It's Official: 'Pretty Little Liars' to End With Season 7, 'Grimm' Canceled After 6 Seasons
- Red Band Trailer for 'Kevin Hart: What Now?' Sees Halle Berry as the Comedian's Bond Girl
- Watch Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj Ooze Sexiness in 'Side to Side' Video