Kalimba Jailed for Raping Teen Girl
Mexican pop star Kalimba has been jailed following allegations he raped a teenage girl last month. The singer, a former member of pop group OV7, stands accused of sexually assaulting a 17 year old at a hotel in Chetumal, Quintana Roo on December 19, 2010.
A Mexican judge recently issued a warrant for his arrest and the singer was detained in Texas, where he is said to have been attending to business, earlier this week, and deported to his homeland. Kalimba has denied the rape allegations and is expected to appear before a judge to fight the charges later this month.
Kalimba's attorney told the AP that he was in Texas on business and was not trying to flee. The event has spawn a videogame on the internet called "Run Kalimba, Run" which objective is to evade the 32 cops while jumping obstacles by clicking.
- 'Westworld' Star Responds to the Man in Black Theories
- Kylie Jenner Has a Good Reason Why She Mistook a Pig for a Chicken in Viral Clip
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.02 Sneak Peeks: Rick Relinquishes Control, Andrea Tours the Kingdom
- Kanye West Vows to Boycott Grammys if Frank Ocean Isn't Nominated
- See President Obama Joining Usher, Janelle Monae and More to Dance to Drake's 'Hotline Bling'
- New Look at Dafne Keen as X-23 in 'Logan' Uncovered
- Report: Chris Hemsworth and Elsa Pataky Are on the Verge of Divorce
- Kings of Leon Scores First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Walls'