Kalimba Jailed for Raping Teen Girl
Mexican pop star Kalimba has been jailed following allegations he raped a teenage girl last month. The singer, a former member of pop group OV7, stands accused of sexually assaulting a 17 year old at a hotel in Chetumal, Quintana Roo on December 19, 2010.
A Mexican judge recently issued a warrant for his arrest and the singer was detained in Texas, where he is said to have been attending to business, earlier this week, and deported to his homeland. Kalimba has denied the rape allegations and is expected to appear before a judge to fight the charges later this month.
Kalimba's attorney told the AP that he was in Texas on business and was not trying to flee. The event has spawn a videogame on the internet called "Run Kalimba, Run" which objective is to evade the 32 cops while jumping obstacles by clicking.
- Sophia Bush Exits 'Chicago P.D.' After Four Seasons
- Niall Horan Promises One Direction Reunion, With Zayn Malik
- Bella Thorne Says Cannes 'Isn't for Me' as Scott Disick Ditches Her for Ex Chloe Bartoli
- 'Game of Thrones': New Photos Reunite the Four Starks, Final Season Episode Count Is Revealed
- Chris Cornell Appeared to Have Used Other Drugs Before Hanging Himself
- Nicki Minaj to Perform at the 2017 NBA Awards
- Is She Pregnant? Cristiano Ronaldo's GF Georgina Rodriguez Sports Suspicious Bump in New Pic
- Tyra Banks Accused of Abusing a Girl on 'America's Got Talent'