Kalimba Jailed for Raping Teen Girl
Mexican pop star Kalimba has been jailed following allegations he raped a teenage girl last month. The singer, a former member of pop group OV7, stands accused of sexually assaulting a 17 year old at a hotel in Chetumal, Quintana Roo on December 19, 2010.
A Mexican judge recently issued a warrant for his arrest and the singer was detained in Texas, where he is said to have been attending to business, earlier this week, and deported to his homeland. Kalimba has denied the rape allegations and is expected to appear before a judge to fight the charges later this month.
Kalimba's attorney told the AP that he was in Texas on business and was not trying to flee. The event has spawn a videogame on the internet called "Run Kalimba, Run" which objective is to evade the 32 cops while jumping obstacles by clicking.
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch