Kalimba Jailed for Raping Teen Girl
Mexican pop star Kalimba has been jailed following allegations he raped a teenage girl last month. The singer, a former member of pop group OV7, stands accused of sexually assaulting a 17 year old at a hotel in Chetumal, Quintana Roo on December 19, 2010.
A Mexican judge recently issued a warrant for his arrest and the singer was detained in Texas, where he is said to have been attending to business, earlier this week, and deported to his homeland. Kalimba has denied the rape allegations and is expected to appear before a judge to fight the charges later this month.
Kalimba's attorney told the AP that he was in Texas on business and was not trying to flee. The event has spawn a videogame on the internet called "Run Kalimba, Run" which objective is to evade the 32 cops while jumping obstacles by clicking.
- Ex-Wonder Girls Member Sun Mi to Release Second Solo Album in August
- Find Out Why Song Joong Ki Wants to Get Married Early
- Ariel Winter Flaunts Butt Tattoo on Snapchat
- Did Katy Perry Secretly Undergo Plastic Surgery?
- Beyonce and Jay-Z Spark Rise in Bel-Air Property Prices
- 'American Horror Story': Ryan Murphy Shares Photo of 'Cult' Member. Is It Evan Peters?
- Secretly Married? Liam Payne Calls Cheryl His 'Wife' in New Interview
- Comic-Con: 'Ready Player One' First Footage Introduces Stepen Spielberg's VR Dystopia