Brother of 'Harry Potter' Actress Jailed for 6 Months
The brother of "Harry Potter" star Afshan Azad has been jailed for six months after pleading guilty to assaulting the actress last year. Azad, who played witch Padma Patil in four of the boy wizard movies, alleged her father Abdul and brother Ashraf had attacked her at her home in Manchester, England last May.
The relatives were said to have argued with the Muslim star, 22, after overhearing her talking on the phone to her Hindu boyfriend. The altercation reportedly escalated and turned violent, with the pair threatening to kill the actress, after she refused their demands to end the relationship.
Death-threat charges against Azad's father and brother were later dropped by prosecutors following a desperate plea from the star, and they were both cleared at Manchester Crown Court, England in December.
Azad's father was bound to keep the peace for 12 months and her brother was banned from contacting his sister at her new home in London. However, Ashraf Azad admitted to a charge of assault occasioning actual bodily harm and was ordered to serve jail time during sentencing on Friday, January 22.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce