Brother of 'Harry Potter' Actress Jailed for 6 Months
The brother of "Harry Potter" star Afshan Azad has been jailed for six months after pleading guilty to assaulting the actress last year. Azad, who played witch Padma Patil in four of the boy wizard movies, alleged her father Abdul and brother Ashraf had attacked her at her home in Manchester, England last May.
The relatives were said to have argued with the Muslim star, 22, after overhearing her talking on the phone to her Hindu boyfriend. The altercation reportedly escalated and turned violent, with the pair threatening to kill the actress, after she refused their demands to end the relationship.
Death-threat charges against Azad's father and brother were later dropped by prosecutors following a desperate plea from the star, and they were both cleared at Manchester Crown Court, England in December.
Azad's father was bound to keep the peace for 12 months and her brother was banned from contacting his sister at her new home in London. However, Ashraf Azad admitted to a charge of assault occasioning actual bodily harm and was ordered to serve jail time during sentencing on Friday, January 22.
- Get New Details of Kristen Stewart and Alicia Cargile's Upcoming Nuptials
- Britney Spears on Performing at 2017 Super Bowl Halftime Show: 'I Would' Do That Again!
- Amanda Bynes Returns to Twitter, Updates Fans About Her School Life
- Courteney Cox Regrets Having Plastic Surgery
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!
- 'Nashville' Season 5 Gets Premiere Date at CMT
- Doug Liman Abandons 'Gambit' Movie, Will Now Direct 'Justice League Dark'