Monica Secretly Tied the Knot With Shannon Brown
R&B singer Monica has confirmed she secretly married her basketball star boyfriend Shannon Brown in November last year. The "Boy Is Mine" hitmaker began dating the Los Angeles Lakers player last summer after he portrayed her love interest in her music video for "Love All Over Me".
Rumors of an engagement were rife in October 2010 when Monica showed off a sparking diamond ring in a picture posted on her Twitter.com page. The singer has now confirmed the couple tied the knot a month later, sealing their whirlwind romance.
She tells HipHollywood.com, "This is a very special time in my life. I am blessed to have married the man that God sent me. He's loving, compassionate, strong and supportive of my children, family and career. I look forward to our lives together."
The secret ceremony took place at Monica's Los Angeles home. She was previously engaged to rapper Rodney 'Rocko' Hill, the father of her two sons. They split in late 2009.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival