Monica Secretly Tied the Knot With Shannon Brown
R&B singer Monica has confirmed she secretly married her basketball star boyfriend Shannon Brown in November last year. The "Boy Is Mine" hitmaker began dating the Los Angeles Lakers player last summer after he portrayed her love interest in her music video for "Love All Over Me".
Rumors of an engagement were rife in October 2010 when Monica showed off a sparking diamond ring in a picture posted on her Twitter.com page. The singer has now confirmed the couple tied the knot a month later, sealing their whirlwind romance.
She tells HipHollywood.com, "This is a very special time in my life. I am blessed to have married the man that God sent me. He's loving, compassionate, strong and supportive of my children, family and career. I look forward to our lives together."
The secret ceremony took place at Monica's Los Angeles home. She was previously engaged to rapper Rodney 'Rocko' Hill, the father of her two sons. They split in late 2009.
- New 'Luke Cage' Trailer Reveals Surprise Cameos
- Jessica Simpson's Marriage in Trouble? She and Husband Reportedly 'Fighting Non-Stop' for Months
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Recap: Which Pairs Win Immunity in Face-Off Week?
- Rob Kardashian Tweets Kylie's Number as He Blasts His Family for Snubbing Blac Chyna
- Report: Drake Is Actually Gay and His Rihanna Romance Is Fake
- Tom Holland Spotted Filming 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' in NYC Subway
- Audrina Patridge Shares Sweet Photo of Her Breastfeeding Her Daughter
- 'Will and Grace' Stars Reunite for Hillary Clinton Endorsement Video