Monica Secretly Tied the Knot With Shannon Brown
R&B singer Monica has confirmed she secretly married her basketball star boyfriend Shannon Brown in November last year. The "Boy Is Mine" hitmaker began dating the Los Angeles Lakers player last summer after he portrayed her love interest in her music video for "Love All Over Me".
Rumors of an engagement were rife in October 2010 when Monica showed off a sparking diamond ring in a picture posted on her Twitter.com page. The singer has now confirmed the couple tied the knot a month later, sealing their whirlwind romance.
She tells HipHollywood.com, "This is a very special time in my life. I am blessed to have married the man that God sent me. He's loving, compassionate, strong and supportive of my children, family and career. I look forward to our lives together."
The secret ceremony took place at Monica's Los Angeles home. She was previously engaged to rapper Rodney 'Rocko' Hill, the father of her two sons. They split in late 2009.
- Ex 'Apprentice' Contestant Files Defamation Lawsuit Against Trump for Denying Sexual Assault Claims
- Gigi Hadid Sparks Zayn Malik Engagement Rumors With New Ring on That Finger
- Jennifer Lawrence Is Seen Filming 'Red Sparrow' in Budapest
- Jerry Seinfeld's 'Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee' Moves to Netflix
- Liam Payne Offers Fan a Date With Him in Malibu. Find Out How to Win the Special Prize
- Angelina Jolie Receives Heartfelt Plea From Zahara's Biological Mom to Reconnect With Daughter
- Fiona Apple Releases New Anti-Trump Track 'Tiny Hands'
- Donald Trump Tweets Wrong Ivanka. Find Out How She Reacts