Monica Secretly Tied the Knot With Shannon Brown
R&B singer Monica has confirmed she secretly married her basketball star boyfriend Shannon Brown in November last year. The "Boy Is Mine" hitmaker began dating the Los Angeles Lakers player last summer after he portrayed her love interest in her music video for "Love All Over Me".
Rumors of an engagement were rife in October 2010 when Monica showed off a sparking diamond ring in a picture posted on her Twitter.com page. The singer has now confirmed the couple tied the knot a month later, sealing their whirlwind romance.
She tells HipHollywood.com, "This is a very special time in my life. I am blessed to have married the man that God sent me. He's loving, compassionate, strong and supportive of my children, family and career. I look forward to our lives together."
The secret ceremony took place at Monica's Los Angeles home. She was previously engaged to rapper Rodney 'Rocko' Hill, the father of her two sons. They split in late 2009.
- Jay-Z Is Producing a Series About Trayvon Martin
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor