Ivana Trump Reaches Settlement in Fashion Lawsuit
Donald Trump's ex-wife Ivana Trump has reached an out-of-court settlement with a Finnish fashion house after she accused the designers of using her name without permission. The property mogul's former partner took legal action against bosses at IVANAhelsinki over the company's branding, claiming founder Paola Suhonen had no right to use the name Ivana.
Both sides have now avoided an expensive and lengthy legal battle by settling the matter out of court, with Suhonen agreeing to change the spelling of the firm's name for the American market.
She says, "Ms. Trump will continue her business ventures with the name Ivana Trump, and we will continue with our name IVANAhelsinki, but we will spell it a little differently... Going into litigation in the U.S. is very expensive. The best solution was that we could settle it out of court."
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!