Ivana Trump Reaches Settlement in Fashion Lawsuit
Donald Trump's ex-wife Ivana Trump has reached an out-of-court settlement with a Finnish fashion house after she accused the designers of using her name without permission. The property mogul's former partner took legal action against bosses at IVANAhelsinki over the company's branding, claiming founder Paola Suhonen had no right to use the name Ivana.
Both sides have now avoided an expensive and lengthy legal battle by settling the matter out of court, with Suhonen agreeing to change the spelling of the firm's name for the American market.
She says, "Ms. Trump will continue her business ventures with the name Ivana Trump, and we will continue with our name IVANAhelsinki, but we will spell it a little differently... Going into litigation in the U.S. is very expensive. The best solution was that we could settle it out of court."
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch
- Paris Hilton Likes a Shady Meme to Remind Kanye West She Made Kim Kardashian Famous
- Dwayne Johnson Shares New Picture From 'Fast and Furious 8' Set
- Calvin Harris Also Moves On - The DJ Is Surrounded by Sexy Ladies on a Yacht
- Video: Prince Harry Joins Coldplay Onstage During Kensington Palace Concert