Ivana Trump Reaches Settlement in Fashion Lawsuit
Donald Trump's ex-wife Ivana Trump has reached an out-of-court settlement with a Finnish fashion house after she accused the designers of using her name without permission. The property mogul's former partner took legal action against bosses at IVANAhelsinki over the company's branding, claiming founder Paola Suhonen had no right to use the name Ivana.
Both sides have now avoided an expensive and lengthy legal battle by settling the matter out of court, with Suhonen agreeing to change the spelling of the firm's name for the American market.
She says, "Ms. Trump will continue her business ventures with the name Ivana Trump, and we will continue with our name IVANAhelsinki, but we will spell it a little differently... Going into litigation in the U.S. is very expensive. The best solution was that we could settle it out of court."
- Mariah Carey Enjoying Birthday Beach Getaway With Bryan Tanaka - See the Romantic Pic!
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Sidelined From 'DWTS' Due to Injury. Watch How He Hurt His Calf
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial