Ivana Trump Reaches Settlement in Fashion Lawsuit
Donald Trump's ex-wife Ivana Trump has reached an out-of-court settlement with a Finnish fashion house after she accused the designers of using her name without permission. The property mogul's former partner took legal action against bosses at IVANAhelsinki over the company's branding, claiming founder Paola Suhonen had no right to use the name Ivana.
Both sides have now avoided an expensive and lengthy legal battle by settling the matter out of court, with Suhonen agreeing to change the spelling of the firm's name for the American market.
She says, "Ms. Trump will continue her business ventures with the name Ivana Trump, and we will continue with our name IVANAhelsinki, but we will spell it a little differently... Going into litigation in the U.S. is very expensive. The best solution was that we could settle it out of court."
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent