Ivana Trump Reaches Settlement in Fashion Lawsuit
Donald Trump's ex-wife Ivana Trump has reached an out-of-court settlement with a Finnish fashion house after she accused the designers of using her name without permission. The property mogul's former partner took legal action against bosses at IVANAhelsinki over the company's branding, claiming founder Paola Suhonen had no right to use the name Ivana.
Both sides have now avoided an expensive and lengthy legal battle by settling the matter out of court, with Suhonen agreeing to change the spelling of the firm's name for the American market.
She says, "Ms. Trump will continue her business ventures with the name Ivana Trump, and we will continue with our name IVANAhelsinki, but we will spell it a little differently... Going into litigation in the U.S. is very expensive. The best solution was that we could settle it out of court."
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'
- Did Olivia Munn Just Throw Shade at Aaron Rodgers' Family?