Robert De Niro Pays $30,000 for Nanny Lawsuit
Robert De Niro has settled a lawsuit with his son's former nanny after she accused the actor of owing her more than $40,000 in overtime payments. Alexis Barry was employed to look after the "Goodfellas" star's son Elliot in 2006, with De Niro and his wife Grace Hightower allegedly agreeing to pay her $31.25 an hour and $46.88 per hour overtime.
Barry, who was dismissed by the actor in 2007, alleged in papers filed in 2009 that she had clocked up 750 hours of overtime in her 10 months working for the pair - but had not been paid for her extra service.
De Niro has now reportedly agreed to pay $30,000 to settle the suit, which he must hand over to Barry by Friday, January 21, reports the New York Daily News. A stipulation filed at Manhattan Supreme Court reads, "The parties will keep the terms of the settlement confidential."
More Robert De Niro News
- Chris Brown Is Released on $250K Bail, Lawyer Calls Assault Allegations 'Demonstrably False'
- Daniel Craig Goes Blonde for His Villain Role in 'Logan Lucky'
- Tyga Has His Ferrari Repossessed While Bentley Shopping With Kylie Jenner
- 'The Flash' Teases Flashpoint Storyline in First Official Images From Season 3
- Halsey Flashes Her Bare Crotch as She Ditches Panties for a VMA After-Party
- Marvel Developing 'New Warriors' Comedy Series Featuring Squirrel Girl
- Mark Hamill Shaves His Jedi Beard and Hints at His Return to 'Star Wars Episode IX'
- 'Supergirl' Casts Superman Villain Metallo for Season 2