Robert De Niro Pays $30,000 for Nanny Lawsuit
Robert De Niro has settled a lawsuit with his son's former nanny after she accused the actor of owing her more than $40,000 in overtime payments. Alexis Barry was employed to look after the "Goodfellas" star's son Elliot in 2006, with De Niro and his wife Grace Hightower allegedly agreeing to pay her $31.25 an hour and $46.88 per hour overtime.
Barry, who was dismissed by the actor in 2007, alleged in papers filed in 2009 that she had clocked up 750 hours of overtime in her 10 months working for the pair - but had not been paid for her extra service.
De Niro has now reportedly agreed to pay $30,000 to settle the suit, which he must hand over to Barry by Friday, January 21, reports the New York Daily News. A stipulation filed at Manhattan Supreme Court reads, "The parties will keep the terms of the settlement confidential."
More Robert De Niro News
- Sophie Turner Holds Tight to Beau Joe Jonas on a Dinner Date in London
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Swift May Replace Beyonce at Coachella 2017
- 'Nashville' Star Exits the Show After 'Devastating' Twist
- 'The Fate of the Furious': Dom Is Going to Kill Letty in New Trailer
- Kourtney Kardashian Is in 'Self-Destruct Mode' After Scott Disick Split
- Ex-Pussycat Doll Ashley Roberts 'Flirting' With Brooklyn Beckham at BRITs After-Party
- Scarlett Johansson to Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the Fifth Time
- Listen to Jason Derulo's New Tropical Song 'Swalla' Ft. Nicki Minaj and Ty Dolla $ign