Robert De Niro Pays $30,000 for Nanny Lawsuit
Robert De Niro has settled a lawsuit with his son's former nanny after she accused the actor of owing her more than $40,000 in overtime payments. Alexis Barry was employed to look after the "Goodfellas" star's son Elliot in 2006, with De Niro and his wife Grace Hightower allegedly agreeing to pay her $31.25 an hour and $46.88 per hour overtime.
Barry, who was dismissed by the actor in 2007, alleged in papers filed in 2009 that she had clocked up 750 hours of overtime in her 10 months working for the pair - but had not been paid for her extra service.
De Niro has now reportedly agreed to pay $30,000 to settle the suit, which he must hand over to Barry by Friday, January 21, reports the New York Daily News. A stipulation filed at Manhattan Supreme Court reads, "The parties will keep the terms of the settlement confidential."
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked