Robert De Niro Pays $30,000 for Nanny Lawsuit
Robert De Niro has settled a lawsuit with his son's former nanny after she accused the actor of owing her more than $40,000 in overtime payments. Alexis Barry was employed to look after the "Goodfellas" star's son Elliot in 2006, with De Niro and his wife Grace Hightower allegedly agreeing to pay her $31.25 an hour and $46.88 per hour overtime.
Barry, who was dismissed by the actor in 2007, alleged in papers filed in 2009 that she had clocked up 750 hours of overtime in her 10 months working for the pair - but had not been paid for her extra service.
De Niro has now reportedly agreed to pay $30,000 to settle the suit, which he must hand over to Barry by Friday, January 21, reports the New York Daily News. A stipulation filed at Manhattan Supreme Court reads, "The parties will keep the terms of the settlement confidential."
- Ariana Grande Debuts New Hairdo Amid Reports She Was Barred From Performing at White House
- 'High School Musical' Alum Corbin Bleu Gets Married to Sasha Clements. Get the Details
- 'Star Trek Beyond' Easily Wins at Box Office
- Lindsay Lohan Fights With Fiance Egor Tarabasov After Accusing Him of Cheating on Social Media
- Comic-Con: 'Prison Break' Revival Debuts New Trailer and Clip
- Liv Tyler Shares Adorable Breastfeeding Photo With Her Newborn
- Calvin Harris and Kim Kardashian Party Together Amid Taylor Swift Feud
- Drake's New Mixtape Is on the Way as 'Views' Tops Billboard 200 for 11th Week