Gary Barlow Has Star Studded Gig on 40th Birthday
Take That star Gary Barlow enjoyed a memorable 40th birthday on Thursday, January 20 - he performed with Chris Martin for a star-studded audience and received a special message from Sir Elton John. The singer/songwriter took to the stage for a special charity gig in London to mark the milestone.
A nervous Barlow admitted before the concert - his first solo show in over a decade - that he was worried the birthday bash seemed egotistical, but his fans weren't concerned as he played all of his most popular hits. Barlow was joined by the Coldplay frontman for a rendition of his band's classic track "Back For Good", before the Rocket Man gave a birthday message via videolink wishing him many happy returns.
Robbie Williams, who recently rejoined Take That for the first time since quitting the group in 1995, wished his pal all the best in another video. British singer Ellie Goulding, who recently recorded a version of Elton John's "Your Song", also sang a duet with Barlow.
His bandmates Mark Owen, Howard Donald and Jason Orange then joined him on-stage for the show's finale, and made Barlow close his eyes while they and the all of the 2,000-strong audience slipped on masks of his face. The sea of Barlows then sang the group's hit "Shine" before serenading the singer with Happy Birthday.
The gig attracted a host of celebrities, including Lulu, David Walliams, Kimberley Walsh and James Corden.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'