Gary Barlow Has Star Studded Gig on 40th Birthday
Take That star Gary Barlow enjoyed a memorable 40th birthday on Thursday, January 20 - he performed with Chris Martin for a star-studded audience and received a special message from Sir Elton John. The singer/songwriter took to the stage for a special charity gig in London to mark the milestone.
A nervous Barlow admitted before the concert - his first solo show in over a decade - that he was worried the birthday bash seemed egotistical, but his fans weren't concerned as he played all of his most popular hits. Barlow was joined by the Coldplay frontman for a rendition of his band's classic track "Back For Good", before the Rocket Man gave a birthday message via videolink wishing him many happy returns.
Robbie Williams, who recently rejoined Take That for the first time since quitting the group in 1995, wished his pal all the best in another video. British singer Ellie Goulding, who recently recorded a version of Elton John's "Your Song", also sang a duet with Barlow.
His bandmates Mark Owen, Howard Donald and Jason Orange then joined him on-stage for the show's finale, and made Barlow close his eyes while they and the all of the 2,000-strong audience slipped on masks of his face. The sea of Barlows then sang the group's hit "Shine" before serenading the singer with Happy Birthday.
The gig attracted a host of celebrities, including Lulu, David Walliams, Kimberley Walsh and James Corden.
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'