George Clooney Recovered From Malaria He Contracted in Sudan
George Clooney's representative has confirmed the actor is completely recovered from a bout of malaria which he contracted during a recent trip to Sudan. The Oscar-winner revealed during an interview with CNN's Piers Morgan that he fell ill with the mosquito-borne disease earlier this month while filming an initiative to promote democracy in the country.
During the chat, to be aired in the U.S. on Friday, January 21, the star admitted it was the second time he has been struck down with malaria due to his frequent visits to the war-torn African nation as a leading advocate for refugees. Following the revelation on Morgan's show, speculation has been rife that Clooney is still fighting to regain his health.
But his publicist insists the actor is 100 per cent well again, and has used the news to highlight the need for anti-malaria drugs to be accessible across Africa. The rep tells People.com, "George is completely over the Malaria he contracted while in the Sudan during the first week in January. This was his second bout with it. This illustrates how, with proper medication, the most lethal condition in Africa can be reduced to a bad 10 days instead of a death sentence."
More George Clooney News
- Suki Waterhouse Flashes Nipples in See-Through Dress During Chilly Beach Photo Shoot
- Anne Hathaway Controls a Monster in 'Colossal' Trailer
- Gregg Sulkin and Tyler Posey's Nude Photos Leaked by Ex Bella Thorne?
- Bella Hadid Bumps Into Ex The Weeknd During Concert at Madison Square Garden
- Dwayne Johnson's Black Adam Gets a Solo Movie as DC Splits 'Shazam'
- Amber Rose Claps Back at Haters Accusing Her of Being Rude to Sexual Assault Victim
- Did Charlie Sheen Just Threaten Jon Voight for Speaking at Donald Trump's Pre-Inagural Event?
- Kanye West Is Not Invited to Perform at Trump's Inauguration Because of This!