George Clooney Recovered From Malaria He Contracted in Sudan
George Clooney's representative has confirmed the actor is completely recovered from a bout of malaria which he contracted during a recent trip to Sudan. The Oscar-winner revealed during an interview with CNN's Piers Morgan that he fell ill with the mosquito-borne disease earlier this month while filming an initiative to promote democracy in the country.
During the chat, to be aired in the U.S. on Friday, January 21, the star admitted it was the second time he has been struck down with malaria due to his frequent visits to the war-torn African nation as a leading advocate for refugees. Following the revelation on Morgan's show, speculation has been rife that Clooney is still fighting to regain his health.
But his publicist insists the actor is 100 per cent well again, and has used the news to highlight the need for anti-malaria drugs to be accessible across Africa. The rep tells People.com, "George is completely over the Malaria he contracted while in the Sudan during the first week in January. This was his second bout with it. This illustrates how, with proper medication, the most lethal condition in Africa can be reduced to a bad 10 days instead of a death sentence."
More George Clooney News
- Harry Styles Stops His Concert to Pay Tribute to Victims of Manchester Bombing
- Jack Kesy Rumored to Play Tom Cassidy in 'Deadpool 2'
- The Great War Is Coming in First Trailer for 'Game of Thrones' Season 7
- First Look at Benicio Del Toro and Laura Dern, Captain Phasma Unmasked in 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Beware Angelina Jolie! Brad Pitt Is Ready to Publish a Tell-All
- Kelly Clarkson and Jennifer Hudson Are Fighting Over 'The Voice' Gig
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon Are Planning to Remarry This Summer
- Fans Are Begging Justin Bieber to Cancel His Upcoming U.K. Concerts