Actresses Wanted as Jada Pinkett and Kidada Jones in Tupac Shakur's Biopic
Moviemaker Antoine Fuqua is on the hunt for talented unknowns to portray Jada Pinkett Smith and Quincy Jones' daughter Kidada as he attempts to put slain rapper Tupac Shakur's life on the big screen.
Insiders close to the top secret production claim the two women will feature prominently in the biopic, which is expected to go before cameras in April. Fuqua is also looking to cast newcomers as Shakur and rap mogul Marion Suge Knight, who was with the hip-hop superstar when he was shot dead in Las Vegas in 1996.
Shortly after signing on to direct last year, Fuqua said he was prepared to "go to the streets" to find his Tupac. The official synopsis for the much-anticipated film, obtained by MovieHole.net, reads, "The rise and fall of Tupac Shakur is chronicled, from his days attending the Baltimore School of the Arts as a teenager, to his decision to leave his mother's dead-end life behind and embrace the Thug Life in California, to his wild success as a rapper and his dangerous war against the East Coast scene."
"A true poet who was waylaid by fame's trappings, his earliest ambition was to change the world and make a difference in people's lives, and before his tragic murder in Las Vegas in 1996, that's exactly what 2Pac did."
Pinkett and Jones romanced Shakur at the beginning of his career.
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role
- Troian Bellisario Has Harsh Words for Both Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift