Actresses Wanted as Jada Pinkett and Kidada Jones in Tupac Shakur's Biopic
Moviemaker Antoine Fuqua is on the hunt for talented unknowns to portray Jada Pinkett Smith and Quincy Jones' daughter Kidada as he attempts to put slain rapper Tupac Shakur's life on the big screen.
Insiders close to the top secret production claim the two women will feature prominently in the biopic, which is expected to go before cameras in April. Fuqua is also looking to cast newcomers as Shakur and rap mogul Marion Suge Knight, who was with the hip-hop superstar when he was shot dead in Las Vegas in 1996.
Shortly after signing on to direct last year, Fuqua said he was prepared to "go to the streets" to find his Tupac. The official synopsis for the much-anticipated film, obtained by MovieHole.net, reads, "The rise and fall of Tupac Shakur is chronicled, from his days attending the Baltimore School of the Arts as a teenager, to his decision to leave his mother's dead-end life behind and embrace the Thug Life in California, to his wild success as a rapper and his dangerous war against the East Coast scene."
"A true poet who was waylaid by fame's trappings, his earliest ambition was to change the world and make a difference in people's lives, and before his tragic murder in Las Vegas in 1996, that's exactly what 2Pac did."
Pinkett and Jones romanced Shakur at the beginning of his career.
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen