Actresses Wanted as Jada Pinkett and Kidada Jones in Tupac Shakur's Biopic
Moviemaker Antoine Fuqua is on the hunt for talented unknowns to portray Jada Pinkett Smith and Quincy Jones' daughter Kidada as he attempts to put slain rapper Tupac Shakur's life on the big screen.
Insiders close to the top secret production claim the two women will feature prominently in the biopic, which is expected to go before cameras in April. Fuqua is also looking to cast newcomers as Shakur and rap mogul Marion Suge Knight, who was with the hip-hop superstar when he was shot dead in Las Vegas in 1996.
Shortly after signing on to direct last year, Fuqua said he was prepared to "go to the streets" to find his Tupac. The official synopsis for the much-anticipated film, obtained by MovieHole.net, reads, "The rise and fall of Tupac Shakur is chronicled, from his days attending the Baltimore School of the Arts as a teenager, to his decision to leave his mother's dead-end life behind and embrace the Thug Life in California, to his wild success as a rapper and his dangerous war against the East Coast scene."
"A true poet who was waylaid by fame's trappings, his earliest ambition was to change the world and make a difference in people's lives, and before his tragic murder in Las Vegas in 1996, that's exactly what 2Pac did."
Pinkett and Jones romanced Shakur at the beginning of his career.
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation