Anorexic Model Isabelle Caro's Mom Took Her Own Life
The grieving mother of tragic anorexic French model Isabelle Caro has committed suicide, less than two months after her daughter died at the age of 28. Caro, who gave anorexia a face in a shocking 2007 awareness campaign, passed away at the Bichat Hospital in France on November 17 after battling the eating disorder for almost 15 years.
Now it has emerged her mum, Marie, took her own life earlier this month after struggling with the "guilt" she felt after forcing her daughter to stay at the medical center to receive treatment for severe dehydration. Staff at the facility are now facing legal action over allegations of negligence, which reportedly led to Caro's death.
Caro's stepfather, Christian, tells Swiss newspaper 20 Minutes, "(Marie) felt guilty for having put my daughter in the Bichat Hospital. My daughter did not want to go to that hospital."
- 'Supergirl' Casts Superman Villain Metallo for Season 2
- Blac Chyna Poses Nearly Naked for Elle and Calls Her Ex Tyga 'Kinda Cheap'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Summer Finale Recap: Mary Drake's Child Revealed, Someone Dead
- Mel C Reveals Why She Turned Down Spice Girls Reunion
- Drake and Rihanna Are 'Fully Dating' as They're Done 'Hiding' Their Relationship
- Miranda Kerr Reveals Ex Orlando Bloom Warned Her About His Penis Photos
- 'Star Wars' Actor Ian McDiarmid Confirms He Won't Return as Emperor Palpatine in 'Rogue One'
- Jaden and Willow Smith Want to Retire in 10 Years