Anorexic Model Isabelle Caro's Mom Took Her Own Life
The grieving mother of tragic anorexic French model Isabelle Caro has committed suicide, less than two months after her daughter died at the age of 28. Caro, who gave anorexia a face in a shocking 2007 awareness campaign, passed away at the Bichat Hospital in France on November 17 after battling the eating disorder for almost 15 years.
Now it has emerged her mum, Marie, took her own life earlier this month after struggling with the "guilt" she felt after forcing her daughter to stay at the medical center to receive treatment for severe dehydration. Staff at the facility are now facing legal action over allegations of negligence, which reportedly led to Caro's death.
Caro's stepfather, Christian, tells Swiss newspaper 20 Minutes, "(Marie) felt guilty for having put my daughter in the Bichat Hospital. My daughter did not want to go to that hospital."
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Tops Box Office, 'Wonder Woman' Sets New Record
- A$AP Rocky Involved in a Fight During Kendrick Lamar's Set at Pre-BET Awards Party
- Netflix Cancels 'Girlboss' After One Season
- BET Awards 2017: Leslie Jones Mocks Amber Rose's 'Bush' Pic, Pokes Fun at Young Rappers' Names
- BET Awards 2017: Jada Pinkett Smith and Cardi B Ditch Bras, Blac Chyna Flashes Butt on Red Carpet
- Lorde Scores First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 Chart With 'Melodrama'
- New 'Marvel's Inhumans' Poster Reveals First Look at Attilan
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Denies Cheating Rumors