Anorexic Model Isabelle Caro's Mom Took Her Own Life
The grieving mother of tragic anorexic French model Isabelle Caro has committed suicide, less than two months after her daughter died at the age of 28. Caro, who gave anorexia a face in a shocking 2007 awareness campaign, passed away at the Bichat Hospital in France on November 17 after battling the eating disorder for almost 15 years.
Now it has emerged her mum, Marie, took her own life earlier this month after struggling with the "guilt" she felt after forcing her daughter to stay at the medical center to receive treatment for severe dehydration. Staff at the facility are now facing legal action over allegations of negligence, which reportedly led to Caro's death.
Caro's stepfather, Christian, tells Swiss newspaper 20 Minutes, "(Marie) felt guilty for having put my daughter in the Bichat Hospital. My daughter did not want to go to that hospital."
- Mick Jagger, 73, Welcomes Baby Boy With 30-Year-Old Girlfriend Melanie Hamrick
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes