Anorexic Model Isabelle Caro's Mom Took Her Own Life
The grieving mother of tragic anorexic French model Isabelle Caro has committed suicide, less than two months after her daughter died at the age of 28. Caro, who gave anorexia a face in a shocking 2007 awareness campaign, passed away at the Bichat Hospital in France on November 17 after battling the eating disorder for almost 15 years.
Now it has emerged her mum, Marie, took her own life earlier this month after struggling with the "guilt" she felt after forcing her daughter to stay at the medical center to receive treatment for severe dehydration. Staff at the facility are now facing legal action over allegations of negligence, which reportedly led to Caro's death.
Caro's stepfather, Christian, tells Swiss newspaper 20 Minutes, "(Marie) felt guilty for having put my daughter in the Bichat Hospital. My daughter did not want to go to that hospital."
- Karrueche Tran Denied Permanent Restraining Order Against Chris Brown
- Rita Ora Flaunts Ample Cleavage in Plunging Mini Dress at De Grisogono Party in Cannes
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Finale: Does the Right Contestant Win Season 24?
- See 'Justice League' Costumes at the 2017 Licensing Expo
- Ariana Grande's Mom Rushed Fans to Safety After Explosion at Manchester Concert
- Nicki Minaj Won't Let Terrorists Win, Vows to Perform for Manchester Fans
- Irina Shayk Debuts Amazing Post-Baby Body on Cannes Red Carpet
- Tiny Leans on Floyd Mayweather for Support Following Bitter Split From T.I.