Anorexic Model Isabelle Caro's Mom Took Her Own Life
The grieving mother of tragic anorexic French model Isabelle Caro has committed suicide, less than two months after her daughter died at the age of 28. Caro, who gave anorexia a face in a shocking 2007 awareness campaign, passed away at the Bichat Hospital in France on November 17 after battling the eating disorder for almost 15 years.
Now it has emerged her mum, Marie, took her own life earlier this month after struggling with the "guilt" she felt after forcing her daughter to stay at the medical center to receive treatment for severe dehydration. Staff at the facility are now facing legal action over allegations of negligence, which reportedly led to Caro's death.
Caro's stepfather, Christian, tells Swiss newspaper 20 Minutes, "(Marie) felt guilty for having put my daughter in the Bichat Hospital. My daughter did not want to go to that hospital."
- Evan Rachel Wood Blasts Media Over Comments About Amber Heard's Bisexuality
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'