Madonna and Prince End Long-Running Feud
Superstars Madonna and Prince have ended their decades-long feud after the Material Girl turned up to one of his recent New York concerts and cheered him on from the crowd. The pop idols were close friends throughout the 1980s and briefly became lovers before teaming up to record the track "Love Song", from Madonna's 1988 album "Like a Prayer".
But they suffered a mystery fall-out and their relationship turned bitter as they took shots at one another through the media. In subsequent interviews, Madonna blasted Prince as a "little troll" and criticized his refusal to eat during one dinner date. She said, "He was just sipping tea, very daintily. I have this theory about people who don't eat. They annoy me."
Their spat continued throughout the years and Prince most recently took aim at mother-of-four Madonna at a concert in London in 2007, when he quipped, "I got so many hits y'all can't handle me. I got more hits than Madonna's got kids!"
But the old pals now appear to have put their differences to rest - according to UsMagazine.com, Madonna was spotted in the audience at Prince's Madison Square Garden gig on Tuesday, January 18, singing and clapping along to the soul star's hits. And Prince even acknowledged Madonna's presence by giving her a special shout out from the stage, after joking about the high-price of their concert tickets.
More Madonna News
- Lady Antebellum Will Make You Dance With Their Cover of JT's 'Can't Stop the Feeling!'
- 'Tallulah' Trailer: Ellen Page and Allison Janney Raise a Kidnapped Child
- 'Lost in Space' Reboot Ordered to Series by Netflix
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna's Baby's Sex Reportedly Revealed. A Boy or a Girl?
- Rihanna Previews 'Sledgehammer' Video Before Premiering It in Full in IMAX
- Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban's Surrogacy Plan for Baby No. 3 Opposed by Their Church
- Hard Work Pays Off! Kourtney Kardashian Displays Her Rock-Hard Abs in Sexy Bikini
- Jessica Williams Is Leaving 'The Daily Show' to Headline New Comedy Series