Kim Kardashian Records Single for Charity, NOT for Album
Kim Kardashian has credited Kanye West with kickstarting her new-found music career - because the rapper encouraged the socialite to step into the recording studio. The "Keeping Up With the Kardashians" star teamed up with R&B producer The-Dream last year to work on her debut album, but admits she wouldn't have considered the studio sessions without West's words of wisdom.
She tells MTV.com, "OK, I'm not a singer, this isn't what I do. I have too much other stuff going on. (I thought) 'Is this really something safe for me to do?' Kanye was actually one of the people who really talked me into doing it and telling me, like, 'Hey, look, what do you guys do for fun? You guys go shopping, you go to the movies. Kind of step into our world for a second and have fun, and we go to the studio.' I'm just doing it for fun."
Kardashian also thanks singer Ciara for putting her in touch with her collaborator, adding, "The-Dream wrote and produced the song (Turn It Up), and Ciara talked me into doing it and said I should meet with him."
In an interview with "The Seven", Kim additionally clarified, "There's no album in the works or anything -- just one song we did for the show, and a video Hype Williams directed. Half of the proceeds we're giving away to a cancer foundation, because The-Dream's and one of my parents passed away from cancer. It's just all having fun -- with a good cause."
More Kim Kardashian News
- Khloe Kardashian Sparks Engagement Rumors After Spotted With Diamond Ring
- 'The Foreigner' Trailer: Jackie Chan Get Revenge on Pierce Brosnan
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Call It Quits
- Alleged Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber Collab 'Steal Our Love' Leaks Online
- New Couple Alert? Katy Perry and Chris Martin Are Spotted Holding Hands
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed