Kim Kardashian Records Single for Charity, NOT for Album
Kim Kardashian has credited Kanye West with kickstarting her new-found music career - because the rapper encouraged the socialite to step into the recording studio. The "Keeping Up With the Kardashians" star teamed up with R&B producer The-Dream last year to work on her debut album, but admits she wouldn't have considered the studio sessions without West's words of wisdom.
She tells MTV.com, "OK, I'm not a singer, this isn't what I do. I have too much other stuff going on. (I thought) 'Is this really something safe for me to do?' Kanye was actually one of the people who really talked me into doing it and telling me, like, 'Hey, look, what do you guys do for fun? You guys go shopping, you go to the movies. Kind of step into our world for a second and have fun, and we go to the studio.' I'm just doing it for fun."
Kardashian also thanks singer Ciara for putting her in touch with her collaborator, adding, "The-Dream wrote and produced the song (Turn It Up), and Ciara talked me into doing it and said I should meet with him."
In an interview with "The Seven", Kim additionally clarified, "There's no album in the works or anything -- just one song we did for the show, and a video Hype Williams directed. Half of the proceeds we're giving away to a cancer foundation, because The-Dream's and one of my parents passed away from cancer. It's just all having fun -- with a good cause."
More Kim Kardashian News
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce