Kim Kardashian Records Single for Charity, NOT for Album
Kim Kardashian has credited Kanye West with kickstarting her new-found music career - because the rapper encouraged the socialite to step into the recording studio. The "Keeping Up With the Kardashians" star teamed up with R&B producer The-Dream last year to work on her debut album, but admits she wouldn't have considered the studio sessions without West's words of wisdom.
She tells MTV.com, "OK, I'm not a singer, this isn't what I do. I have too much other stuff going on. (I thought) 'Is this really something safe for me to do?' Kanye was actually one of the people who really talked me into doing it and telling me, like, 'Hey, look, what do you guys do for fun? You guys go shopping, you go to the movies. Kind of step into our world for a second and have fun, and we go to the studio.' I'm just doing it for fun."
Kardashian also thanks singer Ciara for putting her in touch with her collaborator, adding, "The-Dream wrote and produced the song (Turn It Up), and Ciara talked me into doing it and said I should meet with him."
In an interview with "The Seven", Kim additionally clarified, "There's no album in the works or anything -- just one song we did for the show, and a video Hype Williams directed. Half of the proceeds we're giving away to a cancer foundation, because The-Dream's and one of my parents passed away from cancer. It's just all having fun -- with a good cause."
More Kim Kardashian News
- Here's What Blac Chyna Thinks of Kylie Jenner Playing Step Mom to King Cairo
- 'Mr. Robot' 2.09 Preview: It's Time to Go Home
- Lady GaGa's New Song 'Perfect Illusion' Reportedly due Out Next Week
- Three Potential Directors Lined Up to Helm 'Captain Marvel'
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Maksim Chmerkovskiy Will Return, Ryan Lochte Is in Talks for Season 23
- Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie for Her Birthday After Partying With Bronte Blampied
- Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj to Perform 'Side to Side' at 2016 MTV VMAs
- Inside Katy Perry and Orlando Bloom's Proposal Plans