Kim Kardashian Records Single for Charity, NOT for Album
Kim Kardashian has credited Kanye West with kickstarting her new-found music career - because the rapper encouraged the socialite to step into the recording studio. The "Keeping Up With the Kardashians" star teamed up with R&B producer The-Dream last year to work on her debut album, but admits she wouldn't have considered the studio sessions without West's words of wisdom.
She tells MTV.com, "OK, I'm not a singer, this isn't what I do. I have too much other stuff going on. (I thought) 'Is this really something safe for me to do?' Kanye was actually one of the people who really talked me into doing it and telling me, like, 'Hey, look, what do you guys do for fun? You guys go shopping, you go to the movies. Kind of step into our world for a second and have fun, and we go to the studio.' I'm just doing it for fun."
Kardashian also thanks singer Ciara for putting her in touch with her collaborator, adding, "The-Dream wrote and produced the song (Turn It Up), and Ciara talked me into doing it and said I should meet with him."
In an interview with "The Seven", Kim additionally clarified, "There's no album in the works or anything -- just one song we did for the show, and a video Hype Williams directed. Half of the proceeds we're giving away to a cancer foundation, because The-Dream's and one of my parents passed away from cancer. It's just all having fun -- with a good cause."
More Kim Kardashian News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences