Yo Gotti Cleared of Riot Charge
Rapper Yo Gotti has been cleared of allegations he started a fight outside a nightclub in Memphis, Tennessee which led to a mass shoot out. The hip-hop star, real name Mario Mims, was left facing a felony charge of aggravated riot over accusations an argument with his friend OG Boo Dirt in November 2010 sparked a brawl which escalated to a shooting and left six people injured.
Mims appeared at Memphis' Criminal Justice Center on Wednesday, January 19 and a judge dismissed the charge against him. After the hearing, he spoke of his relief, telling Memphis' Fox 13, "Case dismissed, it's over. It's false allegations..."
"For them to put it out there and run with it, of course it's a little damaging but like I said, I knew it was all going to come to this... I'm a entertainer (sic), I'm in entertainment. I understand it, I know it's like it's a protocol of going through it, going through the courts and getting to this point where it gets dismissed... and we're back to where we were at in the beginning."
More Yo Gotti News
- Fifth Harmony Heats Up the 'DWTS' Stage With Sexy 'All in My Head' Performance
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace's Murder Trial Begins, His Chilling Line Before the Shooting Is Revealed
- Teen Choice Awards 2016: 'Civil War' and 'Batman v Superman' Dominate Movie Nomination
- 'The Voice' Crowns the Winner, Cee-Lo Green Returns in Star-Studded Finale
- Check Out Christina Aguilera's Powerful Duet With Ariana Grande on 'The Voice'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Finale: Who Wins the Mirror Ball Trophy?
- Niall Horan Blasts 'Abusive' Fans Who Keep Him 'Awake at Night'
- New 'Finding Dory' Trailer: Meet the Younger Version of Dory