Yo Gotti Cleared of Riot Charge
Rapper Yo Gotti has been cleared of allegations he started a fight outside a nightclub in Memphis, Tennessee which led to a mass shoot out. The hip-hop star, real name Mario Mims, was left facing a felony charge of aggravated riot over accusations an argument with his friend OG Boo Dirt in November 2010 sparked a brawl which escalated to a shooting and left six people injured.
Mims appeared at Memphis' Criminal Justice Center on Wednesday, January 19 and a judge dismissed the charge against him. After the hearing, he spoke of his relief, telling Memphis' Fox 13, "Case dismissed, it's over. It's false allegations..."
"For them to put it out there and run with it, of course it's a little damaging but like I said, I knew it was all going to come to this... I'm a entertainer (sic), I'm in entertainment. I understand it, I know it's like it's a protocol of going through it, going through the courts and getting to this point where it gets dismissed... and we're back to where we were at in the beginning."
- Netflix Is Back After Crash Following 'Luke Cage' Premiere
- Gigi Hadid Trips on Runway at Paris Fashion Week
- Mail Order Bride Comedy Canned by NBC After Getting Backlash
- Robin Williams' Widow Calls the Actor's Disease 'the Terrorist Inside My Husband's Brain'
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress