Jesse James Confirms Getting Engaged to Kat Von D
Jesse James is engaged to wed celebrity tattoo artist Kat Von D - less than a year after his cheating scandal spelled the end of his marriage to Sandra Bullock. The Hollywood actress dumped James in March, 2010 after reports of his infidelity hit the headlines, days after she won her first Academy Award.
Their divorce was finalized in June 2010 and James has wasted no time moving on - he's confirmed rumors he's asked Von D to become his fourth wife. James has declared his love for the tattooed star to People.com, revealing he knew she was the one for him after seeing how dedicated she was to the relationship while the "world turned their backs" on him.
He says, "You know sometimes the public and press gets it wrong. This is one of those times. 2010 was actually the best year of my life because I fell in love with my best friend. An amazing woman who stood behind me when the world turned their backs."
"I have never met anyone so kind and loving and committed to making the world a better place every day. My love for her is beyond description. So honored that she said 'yes.' Growing old with her is going to be a f**kin' blast!" His 28-year-old bride-to-be gushes, "There is no one else for me. He's the one."
Von D sparked reports of an engagement in October 2010 when she was spotted wearing a huge antique ring on her wedding finger at a book signing - but she refused to address the speculation. She told USA Today, "I don't know if I really feel comfortable talking about it."
She was previously married to fellow ink artist Oliver Peck, but they split in 2007. Von D has also dated rocker Nikki Sixx. James, 41, began dating Von D last summer.
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy
- Is Ben Affleck Done Playing Batman? WB Reportedly Plans His Exit
- Is Meek Mill Finally Ready to End Longtime Feud With Drake?
- This Transgender Performer Suggests She Had an Affair With Kanye West
- Block B's U-Kwon Tells a Fan She Looks Like Crap