Barbra Streisand and Jackie Chan to Welcome Chinese President With Obama
Singing legend Barbra Streisand and action star Jackie Chan added a touch of Hollywood glamour to a U.S. state dinner at the White House on Wednesday, January 19 in honour of China's President Hu Jintao. U.S. President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle laid on a lavish bash to celebrate a day of tough talks with the Chinese leader about the country's stance on human rights and the future relationship between the two superpowers.
Streisand and Chan, China's biggest movie star, were invited to the party, as were Vogue editor Anna Wintour, and former presidents Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter.
After a traditional American meal of lobster, ribs and apple pie, the guests were treated to a performance by cellist Yo Yo Ma.
- Six Shortest Celebrity Marriages
- Dating for Nine Months, Drew Barrymore Is Set to Wed for the Fourth Time
- So Cool! Watch Lee Joon Gi Do His Own Dangerous Stunt for 'Criminal Minds'
- Goo Hara Is Accused of Smoking Marijuana After Posting a Photo of Hand-Rolled Cigarette
- Chrissy Teigen Is Blocked by Donald Trump After Posting This on Twitter
- Rick Ross Won't Sign Female Rapper to His Label as He Will 'End Up F**king' Her
- Amber Rose Reveals Kanye West Almost Caused Her to Commit Suicide After Their Breakup
- Full-Length Trailer for 'Close Encounters of the Third Kind' Re-Release Unleashed