Barbra Streisand and Jackie Chan to Welcome Chinese President With Obama
Singing legend Barbra Streisand and action star Jackie Chan added a touch of Hollywood glamour to a U.S. state dinner at the White House on Wednesday, January 19 in honour of China's President Hu Jintao. U.S. President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle laid on a lavish bash to celebrate a day of tough talks with the Chinese leader about the country's stance on human rights and the future relationship between the two superpowers.
Streisand and Chan, China's biggest movie star, were invited to the party, as were Vogue editor Anna Wintour, and former presidents Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter.
After a traditional American meal of lobster, ribs and apple pie, the guests were treated to a performance by cellist Yo Yo Ma.
- Mariah Carey Tells Friends That James Packer Is 'Mentally Unstable' and 'Violent'
- Britney Spears Reveals Theme of 'Slumber Party' Video
- Dakota Fanning's Parents Are Divorcing After 27 Years of Marriage
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes His Second Child With Wife Danielle
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO