Barbra Streisand and Jackie Chan to Welcome Chinese President With Obama
Singing legend Barbra Streisand and action star Jackie Chan added a touch of Hollywood glamour to a U.S. state dinner at the White House on Wednesday, January 19 in honour of China's President Hu Jintao. U.S. President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle laid on a lavish bash to celebrate a day of tough talks with the Chinese leader about the country's stance on human rights and the future relationship between the two superpowers.
Streisand and Chan, China's biggest movie star, were invited to the party, as were Vogue editor Anna Wintour, and former presidents Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter.
After a traditional American meal of lobster, ribs and apple pie, the guests were treated to a performance by cellist Yo Yo Ma.
- Lisa Marie Presley Splits From Michael Lockwood After 10 Years of Marriage
- Kylie Jenner Kisses Tyga in This Sexy Photobooth Pic
- Daniel Radcliffe Is 'Leaving Room' to Play 'Harry Potter' Again in the Future
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors