Barbra Streisand and Jackie Chan to Welcome Chinese President With Obama
Singing legend Barbra Streisand and action star Jackie Chan added a touch of Hollywood glamour to a U.S. state dinner at the White House on Wednesday, January 19 in honour of China's President Hu Jintao. U.S. President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle laid on a lavish bash to celebrate a day of tough talks with the Chinese leader about the country's stance on human rights and the future relationship between the two superpowers.
Streisand and Chan, China's biggest movie star, were invited to the party, as were Vogue editor Anna Wintour, and former presidents Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter.
After a traditional American meal of lobster, ribs and apple pie, the guests were treated to a performance by cellist Yo Yo Ma.
More Barbra Streisand News
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory