Barbra Streisand and Jackie Chan to Welcome Chinese President With Obama
Singing legend Barbra Streisand and action star Jackie Chan added a touch of Hollywood glamour to a U.S. state dinner at the White House on Wednesday, January 19 in honour of China's President Hu Jintao. U.S. President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle laid on a lavish bash to celebrate a day of tough talks with the Chinese leader about the country's stance on human rights and the future relationship between the two superpowers.
Streisand and Chan, China's biggest movie star, were invited to the party, as were Vogue editor Anna Wintour, and former presidents Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter.
After a traditional American meal of lobster, ribs and apple pie, the guests were treated to a performance by cellist Yo Yo Ma.
More Barbra Streisand News
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Donald Trump Once Body-Shamed Kim Kardashian Too. This Is What He Said About Her
- Lena Dunham and Allison Williams Tearfully Say Goodbye to 'Girls' as Filming Wraps
- These Photos of Jim Carrey and Late Ex Suggest Her Marriage to Estranged Husband Was Fake