Britney Spears Auctioning Dress for Pal's Sick Son
Britney Spears is giving fans the chance to own the gown she wore in the billboards for her fragrance Radiance - to raise funds for a friend's sick son. The "Toxic" superstar is auctioning off the silver backless dress she donned for the perfume's promotional posters on ebay.com in a bid to boost donations for the The Matthew Van Daff Special Needs Trust.
The charity was set up to raise money for the treatment of little Matthew, who was born with a brain injury after being starved of oxygen in the final days of pregnancy. The proceeds raised from the sale will help his parents provide round-the-clock care for their son.
On Spears' Facebook.com page, her assistant writes, "Such a great cause. Brit donated her dress from the Radiance ad to our friend David, who started a trust for his son with a brain injury. He put the dress up for auction & all proceeds will go to his son's cause."
Bids had reached over $4,000 as WENN went to press.
More Britney Spears News
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen