Britney Spears Auctioning Dress for Pal's Sick Son
Britney Spears is giving fans the chance to own the gown she wore in the billboards for her fragrance Radiance - to raise funds for a friend's sick son. The "Toxic" superstar is auctioning off the silver backless dress she donned for the perfume's promotional posters on ebay.com in a bid to boost donations for the The Matthew Van Daff Special Needs Trust.
The charity was set up to raise money for the treatment of little Matthew, who was born with a brain injury after being starved of oxygen in the final days of pregnancy. The proceeds raised from the sale will help his parents provide round-the-clock care for their son.
On Spears' Facebook.com page, her assistant writes, "Such a great cause. Brit donated her dress from the Radiance ad to our friend David, who started a trust for his son with a brain injury. He put the dress up for auction & all proceeds will go to his son's cause."
Bids had reached over $4,000 as WENN went to press.
More Britney Spears News
- Bella Thorne Rises to Stardom in Trailer for 'Famous in Love' From 'Pretty Little Liars' Creator
- Justin Bieber Accidentally Reactivates Instagram Account
- Madonna, Usher and More Stars Pay Tribute to Michael Jackson on His Birthday
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: More Fights and Departures
- Britney and Beyonce Under Fire for Their VMAs Performances. Plus Get Details on Their Backstage Feud
- Taylor Swift Dismissed From Jury Duty due to Her Ongoing Sexual Abuse Case
- Production on 'The Maze Runner: The Death Cure' to Resume in February 2017
- Blake Lively Hosts Private Baby Shower With Taylor Swift