Britney Spears Auctioning Dress for Pal's Sick Son
Britney Spears is giving fans the chance to own the gown she wore in the billboards for her fragrance Radiance - to raise funds for a friend's sick son. The "Toxic" superstar is auctioning off the silver backless dress she donned for the perfume's promotional posters on ebay.com in a bid to boost donations for the The Matthew Van Daff Special Needs Trust.
The charity was set up to raise money for the treatment of little Matthew, who was born with a brain injury after being starved of oxygen in the final days of pregnancy. The proceeds raised from the sale will help his parents provide round-the-clock care for their son.
On Spears' Facebook.com page, her assistant writes, "Such a great cause. Brit donated her dress from the Radiance ad to our friend David, who started a trust for his son with a brain injury. He put the dress up for auction & all proceeds will go to his son's cause."
Bids had reached over $4,000 as WENN went to press.
More Britney Spears News
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance