'Red' Sequel Moves On With Writer Duo
Bruce Willis and Helen Mirren's action comedy "Red" is set to take aim at the box office once more - studio executives have begun work on a sequel. The big screen adaption of the DC comics starred Willis and Mirren alongside John Malkovich and Morgan Freeman as retired spies.
It has grossed $164 million to date worldwide since its release in October and even landed a Golden Globe nomination for Best Picture - Musical or Comedy at this year's ceremony. And now bosses at Summit Entertainment have invited writers Erich and Jon Hoeber back to write a follow-up, according to Collider.com.
It is not yet known whether any of the original all-star cast will return for the planned sequel.
More Red News
- Kim Ji Won Reveals She's Jealous of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo
- Kris Jenner Is Planning to Send Rob Kardashian to Psych Ward
- Miley Cyrus and Jennifer Hudson Are Feuding on 'The Voice'
- Blac Chyna Parties With Lamar Odom and Tyga
- Girls' Generation's Yuri Injures Her Leg During SM Town Show
- Ten Times Chrissy Teigen Trolls Donald Trump on Twitter
- Yolanda Hadid Who? David Foster Enjoys Romantic Italy Getaway With Elizabeth Hurley
- 'The Star' First Teaser Trailer Tells the Story of Christmas From Different Perspective