Lil Wayne Was Uno Expert in Jail
Rapper Lil Wayne became an Uno expert behind bars last year - and would challenge fellow inmates to beat him for phone time and candy. The hitmaker spent eight months at New York's tough Rikers Island prison serving out a sentence on weapons possession charges dating back to 2007, but he made the most of his time inside.
He tells Rolling Stone magazine, "I'd bust a n**ga's a** at Uno. We gamble for phone time. I'd take n**ga's commissary - 'Lemme get them cookies, lemme get them chips, get that soup.' " Wayne reveals he was so good, his fellow inmates stopped inviting him to game night: "They'd be like, 'Oh, we thought you were asleep.' "
In the candid Rolling Stone interview, the rapper also reveals he was a suicide prevention aide while he served his time. And he'll always be grateful to one cellmate, called Charles, who took the rap for a hi-tech watch when Lil Wayne was caught with an iPod charger.
The rap star spent his last month in solitary confinement after he was caught red handed, but he tells the publication it could have been worse - because he also had a watch with a forbidden player on it. He says, "He was a solid n**ga. Shout-out to Charles."
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy
- Is Ben Affleck Done Playing Batman? WB Reportedly Plans His Exit
- Is Meek Mill Finally Ready to End Longtime Feud With Drake?
- This Transgender Performer Suggests She Had an Affair With Kanye West
- Block B's U-Kwon Tells a Fan She Looks Like Crap
- Louis Tomlinson Says His Mom's Dying Wish Was for Him to Reconcile With Zayn Malik