Original Green Hornet Was Wanted for Cameo in Movie
Seth Rogen wanted original Green Hornet depicter Van Williams to make a cameo appearance in his new big screen blockbuster, but the 1960s TV star was scheduled for a medical procedure and unable to join the cast. The "Knocked Up" funnyman appears in the new film as Britt Reid, the playboy son of a wealthy media mogul who eventually transforms into a superhero - the character Williams played over 40 years ago in the small screen series of the same name.
The actor was keen to bring Williams on board, but when producers eventually tracked the 76 year old down, they discovered he was unavailable for the job because of ongoing medical treatment.
Rogen tells the New York Daily News, "We tried to get him (Williams) involved in the movie in some capacity, to do a cameo or something, and we were never able to get him. I think we finally tracked where he was, but I think he was having a medical operation."
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie