Original Green Hornet Was Wanted for Cameo in Movie
Seth Rogen wanted original Green Hornet depicter Van Williams to make a cameo appearance in his new big screen blockbuster, but the 1960s TV star was scheduled for a medical procedure and unable to join the cast. The "Knocked Up" funnyman appears in the new film as Britt Reid, the playboy son of a wealthy media mogul who eventually transforms into a superhero - the character Williams played over 40 years ago in the small screen series of the same name.
The actor was keen to bring Williams on board, but when producers eventually tracked the 76 year old down, they discovered he was unavailable for the job because of ongoing medical treatment.
Rogen tells the New York Daily News, "We tried to get him (Williams) involved in the movie in some capacity, to do a cameo or something, and we were never able to get him. I think we finally tracked where he was, but I think he was having a medical operation."
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia
- Possible 'Jurassic World 2' Plot Details Revealed
- 'Sherlock' Could Get Axed, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's Busy Schedules Are to Blame