Original Green Hornet Was Wanted for Cameo in Movie
Seth Rogen wanted original Green Hornet depicter Van Williams to make a cameo appearance in his new big screen blockbuster, but the 1960s TV star was scheduled for a medical procedure and unable to join the cast. The "Knocked Up" funnyman appears in the new film as Britt Reid, the playboy son of a wealthy media mogul who eventually transforms into a superhero - the character Williams played over 40 years ago in the small screen series of the same name.
The actor was keen to bring Williams on board, but when producers eventually tracked the 76 year old down, they discovered he was unavailable for the job because of ongoing medical treatment.
Rogen tells the New York Daily News, "We tried to get him (Williams) involved in the movie in some capacity, to do a cameo or something, and we were never able to get him. I think we finally tracked where he was, but I think he was having a medical operation."
- AOA's Choa Wipes Her Instagram Account Clean Following Dating Rumors
- Doug Liman Leaves 'Justice League Dark', 'It' Director Andres Muschietti May Take Over the Project
- Kim Kardashian Tries to Save Marriage to Kanye West for the Sake of Fame
- Blac Chyna Plans Plastic Surgery Makeover to Match Her Post-Baby Body
- Melania Trump 'Fixes' Her Hair as Donald Trump Tries to Hold Her Hand
- Bella Hadid Enjoys Dinner Date With Mystery Hunk in Rome and Leaves With Bouquet of Roses
- Kourtney Kardashian and Kendall Jenner Are Denied Access to Party in France
- Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi Having a Baby to Save 'Stormy' Marriage