Original Green Hornet Was Wanted for Cameo in Movie
Seth Rogen wanted original Green Hornet depicter Van Williams to make a cameo appearance in his new big screen blockbuster, but the 1960s TV star was scheduled for a medical procedure and unable to join the cast. The "Knocked Up" funnyman appears in the new film as Britt Reid, the playboy son of a wealthy media mogul who eventually transforms into a superhero - the character Williams played over 40 years ago in the small screen series of the same name.
The actor was keen to bring Williams on board, but when producers eventually tracked the 76 year old down, they discovered he was unavailable for the job because of ongoing medical treatment.
Rogen tells the New York Daily News, "We tried to get him (Williams) involved in the movie in some capacity, to do a cameo or something, and we were never able to get him. I think we finally tracked where he was, but I think he was having a medical operation."
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia