Kelly Preston Talks Silent Birth for Baby Benjamin
John Travolta's actress wife Kelly Preston has spoken out about their decision to choose a silent birth for their baby son, in her first television interview since the couple welcomed the new addition. The Hollywood couple, also parents to daughter Ella Bleu, 10, welcomed little Benjamin in November 2010.
Preston appeared on America's "Today" show on Wednesday, January 19 and revealed she opted to keep as quiet as possible while delivering her baby boy. She says, "Silent birth is basically just no words as much as possible. If you need to moan, if you need to cry out... of course that's normal. But, it's just bringing them in, in as peaceful and gentle a way as possible."
Preston also explained silent births are common in the couple's Scientology religion, and she's convinced her children have benefited from the technique, adding, "My kids have always been amazing. Just very calm, very peaceful, happy and I absolutely know it's very much because of that."
The couple recently showed off the new baby in a magazine photoshoot for Britain's Hello! magazine, with Travolta insisting the tot has brought a "renewed spirit and purpose" to the family after their son Jett suffered a fatal seizure during a holiday in the Bahamas in 2009.
- Katy Perry Is the Most-Followed Person on Twitter With Record-Breaking 90 Million Followers
- Here's Nick Young's Response to Iggy Azalea's Cheating Claims
- First Image From 'Ash vs. Evil Dead' Season 2 Reveals Surprising New Ally
- Drake Caught Leaving Rihanna's Hotel Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Lady GaGa Is Finally a Licensed Driver
- Check Out the New Drift in 'Transformers: The Last Knight'
- Louis Tomlinson Blasts Media, Asks Them to Respect Son's Privacy Amid Custody Battle
- Iggy Azalea Receives Flowers From Nick Young's Teammate D'Angelo Russell After Breakup?