Kelly Preston Talks Silent Birth for Baby Benjamin
John Travolta's actress wife Kelly Preston has spoken out about their decision to choose a silent birth for their baby son, in her first television interview since the couple welcomed the new addition. The Hollywood couple, also parents to daughter Ella Bleu, 10, welcomed little Benjamin in November 2010.
Preston appeared on America's "Today" show on Wednesday, January 19 and revealed she opted to keep as quiet as possible while delivering her baby boy. She says, "Silent birth is basically just no words as much as possible. If you need to moan, if you need to cry out... of course that's normal. But, it's just bringing them in, in as peaceful and gentle a way as possible."
Preston also explained silent births are common in the couple's Scientology religion, and she's convinced her children have benefited from the technique, adding, "My kids have always been amazing. Just very calm, very peaceful, happy and I absolutely know it's very much because of that."
The couple recently showed off the new baby in a magazine photoshoot for Britain's Hello! magazine, with Travolta insisting the tot has brought a "renewed spirit and purpose" to the family after their son Jett suffered a fatal seizure during a holiday in the Bahamas in 2009.
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy