Leighton Meester Pulled Up Onstage by Prince
Actress Leighton Meester had the time of her life when she attended Prince's concert in New York on Tuesday, January 18 after the soul superstar pulled her up onstage to serenade her. The "Gossip Girl" star was one of the hitmaker's many celebrity fans in attendance at the Madison Square Garden show, but she got a special surprise when he plucked her out from the audience and brought her up onstage.
And Meester couldn't contain her excitement as Prince and funk saxophonist Maceo Parker began to sing to her. Blogging about the gig, The Roots drummer Ahmir '?uestlove' Thompson, who was also at the show, writes on his Twitter.com page, "Prince and Maceo are uh...sangin (sic) to (ugh...the jawn (girl) from gossip girl who is not blonde). She's about to die onstage."
But the actress wasn't the only star to share the spotlight with Prince - comedian Jimmy Fallon was later invited to join the superstar's backing singers and add his vocals to a few songs.
More Prince News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie