Leighton Meester Pulled Up Onstage by Prince
Actress Leighton Meester had the time of her life when she attended Prince's concert in New York on Tuesday, January 18 after the soul superstar pulled her up onstage to serenade her. The "Gossip Girl" star was one of the hitmaker's many celebrity fans in attendance at the Madison Square Garden show, but she got a special surprise when he plucked her out from the audience and brought her up onstage.
And Meester couldn't contain her excitement as Prince and funk saxophonist Maceo Parker began to sing to her. Blogging about the gig, The Roots drummer Ahmir '?uestlove' Thompson, who was also at the show, writes on his Twitter.com page, "Prince and Maceo are uh...sangin (sic) to (ugh...the jawn (girl) from gossip girl who is not blonde). She's about to die onstage."
But the actress wasn't the only star to share the spotlight with Prince - comedian Jimmy Fallon was later invited to join the superstar's backing singers and add his vocals to a few songs.
More Prince News
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!
- Vitalii Sediuk Calls His Attempt to Kiss Kim Kardashian's Butt a Protest Against 'Butt Implants'
- Gavin Rossdale Follows Gwen Stefani's Lead, Joins 'The Voice UK' as New Judge
- Report: Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Expecting Baby Boy
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch's Full Performance With Pink Floyd's David Gilmour at London Concert
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reportedly 'Living Separate Lives' Before Split
- What Breakup? Rob Kardashian Snapchats Blac Chyna's Belly Amid Baby Shower Drama