Leighton Meester Pulled Up Onstage by Prince
Actress Leighton Meester had the time of her life when she attended Prince's concert in New York on Tuesday, January 18 after the soul superstar pulled her up onstage to serenade her. The "Gossip Girl" star was one of the hitmaker's many celebrity fans in attendance at the Madison Square Garden show, but she got a special surprise when he plucked her out from the audience and brought her up onstage.
And Meester couldn't contain her excitement as Prince and funk saxophonist Maceo Parker began to sing to her. Blogging about the gig, The Roots drummer Ahmir '?uestlove' Thompson, who was also at the show, writes on his Twitter.com page, "Prince and Maceo are uh...sangin (sic) to (ugh...the jawn (girl) from gossip girl who is not blonde). She's about to die onstage."
But the actress wasn't the only star to share the spotlight with Prince - comedian Jimmy Fallon was later invited to join the superstar's backing singers and add his vocals to a few songs.
More Prince News
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding