Leighton Meester Pulled Up Onstage by Prince
Actress Leighton Meester had the time of her life when she attended Prince's concert in New York on Tuesday, January 18 after the soul superstar pulled her up onstage to serenade her. The "Gossip Girl" star was one of the hitmaker's many celebrity fans in attendance at the Madison Square Garden show, but she got a special surprise when he plucked her out from the audience and brought her up onstage.
And Meester couldn't contain her excitement as Prince and funk saxophonist Maceo Parker began to sing to her. Blogging about the gig, The Roots drummer Ahmir '?uestlove' Thompson, who was also at the show, writes on his Twitter.com page, "Prince and Maceo are uh...sangin (sic) to (ugh...the jawn (girl) from gossip girl who is not blonde). She's about to die onstage."
But the actress wasn't the only star to share the spotlight with Prince - comedian Jimmy Fallon was later invited to join the superstar's backing singers and add his vocals to a few songs.
More Prince News
- Harry Styles Stops His Concert to Pay Tribute to Victims of Manchester Bombing
- Jack Kesy Rumored to Play Tom Cassidy in 'Deadpool 2'
- The Great War Is Coming in First Trailer for 'Game of Thrones' Season 7
- First Look at Benicio Del Toro and Laura Dern, Captain Phasma Unmasked in 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Beware Angelina Jolie! Brad Pitt Is Ready to Publish a Tell-All
- Kelly Clarkson and Jennifer Hudson Are Fighting Over 'The Voice' Gig
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon Are Planning to Remarry This Summer
- Fans Are Begging Justin Bieber to Cancel His Upcoming U.K. Concerts