Zsa Zsa Gabor Ditching 26-Room House for Condominium
Ailing actress Zsa Zsa Gabor and her husband Prince Frederic von Anhalt are selling their Los Angeles mansion for $28 million. The 8,000 square foot estate, which boasts a total of 26 rooms, has become "too much of a headache" for the stars to maintain because of their advancing age and ongoing health problems.
Von Anhalt tells TMZ.com, "(He's) sick and f**king tired of paying $30,000 a month... because we only use two rooms in the house." He plans to put the mansion on the market for $25-$28 million and move into a $1.5 million condominium, adding it's something "Zsa Zsa always wanted".
Gabor remains in hospital following an operation to amputate half of her right leg on Friday, January 14 after developing a serious gangrene infection. Von Anhalt revealed on Saturday, January 15 his wife was talking and responding well following the surgery, although she was still unaware doctors had removed part of her limb.
Gabor's hospital recovery could take up to four weeks, but the actress' spokesman John Blanchette is hopeful the star will be able to return home in time to celebrate her 94th birthday on February 6.
- 'Westworld' Star Responds to the Man in Black Theories
- Kylie Jenner Has a Good Reason Why She Mistook a Pig for a Chicken in Viral Clip
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.02 Sneak Peeks: Rick Relinquishes Control, Andrea Tours the Kingdom
- Kanye West Vows to Boycott Grammys if Frank Ocean Isn't Nominated
- See President Obama Joining Usher, Janelle Monae and More to Dance to Drake's 'Hotline Bling'
- New Look at Dafne Keen as X-23 in 'Logan' Uncovered
- Report: Chris Hemsworth and Elsa Pataky Are on the Verge of Divorce
- Kings of Leon Scores First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Walls'