Jane Lynch Takes Inspiration From Simon Cowell for Mean Sue Sylvester
Actress Jane Lynch looks to Simon Cowell for inspiration for her tough-talking "Glee" character - because the music mogul always says what he thinks. Lynch plays scathing cheerleading coach Sue Sylvester in the all-singing, all-dancing show and she admits watching the former "American Idol" judge's put-downs have helped her perfect the role.
She tells Britain's The Sun, "If ever there was a guy who tells it like it is, then it's Simon Cowell. You could definitely look at Sue and say there's a lot of Simon in her. He's a great inspiration for the character of Sue - there is a lot that I can take from him and put into her. Just like him, she says what she wants because she can - there is nobody there to tell either of them to stop."
"The show has been a big hit and I'm amazed at the public's overwhelming response to Sue. I think it falls back to the whole Simon Cowell thing. Simon and Sue say the things people wish they could in their jobs or at their school, but can't because it's not the done thing. Everybody has a bit of Simon and Sue in them, the difference is that most people control it."
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce