Laura Linney Returns to Stage After Father's Death
Laura Linney will return to the stage on Tuesday, January 18 night for the first time since the death of her father. The actress dropped out of Broadway's "Time Stands Still" over the weekend following the passing of her playwright father Romulus Linney on Saturday, January 15.
She also missed the Golden Globe Awards on Sunday, where she was honored with a Best Actress prize for her role in TV drama "The Big C". The lights of Broadway's theaters will be dimmed for a minute on Wednesday to mark Linney's death.
80-year-old Romulus Linney died in his Germantown, New York home after a long battle of lung cancer. The funeral details were kept private.
- Scarlett Johansson All Smiles During Lunch Date With Mystery Man After Romain Dauriac Split
- The Chainsmokers and Coldplay Team Up for Love Song 'Something Just Like This'
- Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz Are 'Living Separate Lives'
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Spin-Off 'Mayans MC' Taps John Ortiz to Star as New Charter President
- Selena Gomez May Dump The Weeknd After He's Caught Texting Ex Bella Hadid
- BRIT Awards 2017: David Bowie Wins Top Prizes - See the Full Winner List
- 'Star' and 'Lethal Weapon' Renewed for Second Season on FOX
- Watch Kardashians-Inspired Cat Reality Show 'Keeping Up With The Kattarshians'