Laura Linney Returns to Stage After Father's Death
Laura Linney will return to the stage on Tuesday, January 18 night for the first time since the death of her father. The actress dropped out of Broadway's "Time Stands Still" over the weekend following the passing of her playwright father Romulus Linney on Saturday, January 15.
She also missed the Golden Globe Awards on Sunday, where she was honored with a Best Actress prize for her role in TV drama "The Big C". The lights of Broadway's theaters will be dimmed for a minute on Wednesday to mark Linney's death.
80-year-old Romulus Linney died in his Germantown, New York home after a long battle of lung cancer. The funeral details were kept private.
- Donald Trump Calls 'SNL' Unwatchable, Alec Baldwin Reacts
- Jensen Ackles and Danneel Harris Welcome Twin Babies
- 'Sense8' Announces Premiere Dates for Christmas Special and Season 2
- Watch: Shawn Mendes Makes His Debut on 'SNL'
- Alec Baldwin's Donald Trump Can't Stop Tweeting During National Security Briefing on 'SNL'
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball