Laura Linney Returns to Stage After Father's Death
Laura Linney will return to the stage on Tuesday, January 18 night for the first time since the death of her father. The actress dropped out of Broadway's "Time Stands Still" over the weekend following the passing of her playwright father Romulus Linney on Saturday, January 15.
She also missed the Golden Globe Awards on Sunday, where she was honored with a Best Actress prize for her role in TV drama "The Big C". The lights of Broadway's theaters will be dimmed for a minute on Wednesday to mark Linney's death.
80-year-old Romulus Linney died in his Germantown, New York home after a long battle of lung cancer. The funeral details were kept private.
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers