Melissa Etheridge Tapped for 'American Idiot' Musical
Melissa Etheridge is set to step in for Green Day's Billie Joe Armstrong while he takes a break from performing in his Broadway musical "American Idiot" next month. Armstrong - who composed and co-authored the musical based on Green Day songs - kicked off the New Year reprising the role of drug dealer St. Jimmy in the show after original castmember Tony Vincent bowed out, making appearances from January 1 to 9.
He resumes the role onstage on Tuesday, January 18 and will perform on and off until February 27. And now director Michael Mayer has revealed "Come to My Window" hitmaker Etheridge will fill in for the star from February 1 to 6.
Armstrong made his Broadway debut in the show in September, winning over theater critics and sending box office sales soaring above $1 million during his week-long run. The show debuted in the Big Apple last April.
- Ivanka Trump's Brother-In-Law Joshua Kushner Joined Women's March on Washington
- Like It or Not, Donald Trump's Inauguration Draws Second Biggest Ratings in 36 Years
- Madonna Defends 'Blowing Up the White House' Remark as Secret Service Is Planning to Investigate Her
- Is 'Once Upon a Time' Preparing a Musical Episode in Season 6?
- 'Split' Tops Domestic Box Office, 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Hits $1 Billion Worldwide
- Possible First Look at Superman's Black Suit in 'Justice League' Unveiled
- The Weeknd's 'Starboy' Stays at No. 1, The xx's 'I See You' Nabs Second Place on Billboard 200
- Keke Palmer Accuses Trey Songz of 'Sexual Intimidation' for Including Her in His Video