Melissa Etheridge Tapped for 'American Idiot' Musical
Melissa Etheridge is set to step in for Green Day's Billie Joe Armstrong while he takes a break from performing in his Broadway musical "American Idiot" next month. Armstrong - who composed and co-authored the musical based on Green Day songs - kicked off the New Year reprising the role of drug dealer St. Jimmy in the show after original castmember Tony Vincent bowed out, making appearances from January 1 to 9.
He resumes the role onstage on Tuesday, January 18 and will perform on and off until February 27. And now director Michael Mayer has revealed "Come to My Window" hitmaker Etheridge will fill in for the star from February 1 to 6.
Armstrong made his Broadway debut in the show in September, winning over theater critics and sending box office sales soaring above $1 million during his week-long run. The show debuted in the Big Apple last April.
- Nicki Minaj Has Her Eyes on 'Sexy' Nick Cannon Amid Mariah Carey Diss
- Zayn Malik Terrified About Harry Styles' Solo Album: 'He's Going to Steal My Thunder'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24 Week 2: And the First Eliminated Celebrity Is ...
- Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello Reignite Romance Rumors With Dreamy Cover of Ed Sheeran's 'Kiss'
- Pregnant Beyonce Is 'in Hiding': She's Ballooned So Much She Doesn't Want Her Fans to See!
- See Creepy Pennywise and The Losers Club in New 'It' Photos
- 'True Detective' Will Return for Season 3 With David Milch
- Abby Lee Miller Exits 'Dance Moms': 'I Have Been Manipulated, Disrespected and Used'