Melissa Etheridge Tapped for 'American Idiot' Musical
Melissa Etheridge is set to step in for Green Day's Billie Joe Armstrong while he takes a break from performing in his Broadway musical "American Idiot" next month. Armstrong - who composed and co-authored the musical based on Green Day songs - kicked off the New Year reprising the role of drug dealer St. Jimmy in the show after original castmember Tony Vincent bowed out, making appearances from January 1 to 9.
He resumes the role onstage on Tuesday, January 18 and will perform on and off until February 27. And now director Michael Mayer has revealed "Come to My Window" hitmaker Etheridge will fill in for the star from February 1 to 6.
Armstrong made his Broadway debut in the show in September, winning over theater critics and sending box office sales soaring above $1 million during his week-long run. The show debuted in the Big Apple last April.
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch
- The Internet Mocks Donald Trump for Sniffling and Drinking a Lot During Presidential Debate
- Listen to DNCE's New Single 'Body Moves'
- New 'Luke Cage' Trailer Reveals Surprise Cameos
- Jessica Simpson's Marriage in Trouble? She and Husband Reportedly 'Fighting Non-Stop' for Months