Melissa Etheridge Tapped for 'American Idiot' Musical
Melissa Etheridge is set to step in for Green Day's Billie Joe Armstrong while he takes a break from performing in his Broadway musical "American Idiot" next month. Armstrong - who composed and co-authored the musical based on Green Day songs - kicked off the New Year reprising the role of drug dealer St. Jimmy in the show after original castmember Tony Vincent bowed out, making appearances from January 1 to 9.
He resumes the role onstage on Tuesday, January 18 and will perform on and off until February 27. And now director Michael Mayer has revealed "Come to My Window" hitmaker Etheridge will fill in for the star from February 1 to 6.
Armstrong made his Broadway debut in the show in September, winning over theater critics and sending box office sales soaring above $1 million during his week-long run. The show debuted in the Big Apple last April.
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group