Melissa Etheridge Tapped for 'American Idiot' Musical
Melissa Etheridge is set to step in for Green Day's Billie Joe Armstrong while he takes a break from performing in his Broadway musical "American Idiot" next month. Armstrong - who composed and co-authored the musical based on Green Day songs - kicked off the New Year reprising the role of drug dealer St. Jimmy in the show after original castmember Tony Vincent bowed out, making appearances from January 1 to 9.
He resumes the role onstage on Tuesday, January 18 and will perform on and off until February 27. And now director Michael Mayer has revealed "Come to My Window" hitmaker Etheridge will fill in for the star from February 1 to 6.
Armstrong made his Broadway debut in the show in September, winning over theater critics and sending box office sales soaring above $1 million during his week-long run. The show debuted in the Big Apple last April.
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed