Dominic West Has Serial Killer Role on British Series
"The Wire" actor Dominic West is set to undergo a sinister transformation to portray one of Britain's most prolific serial killers on the small screen. The Brit has signed up to star as Fred West, who was charged with murdering at least 11 girls, and burying many of their remains at his home in Gloucester, England in the 1970s. West committed suicide while awaiting trial in 1995, his accomplice wife Rosemary is currently serving a life sentence for her part in the gruesome crimes.
The Hollywood actor will take on the macabre role for a new program, "Appropriate Adult", on Britain's ITV channel, which will tell the story of West's life from his arrest up to his death. Oscar-nominee Emily Watson will play voluntary worker Janet Leach, who sat in on police interviews, while stage actress Monica Dolan will portray Rose West.
The show will air in the U.K. later this year.
- Netflix Is Back After Crash Following 'Luke Cage' Premiere
- Gigi Hadid Trips on Runway at Paris Fashion Week
- Mail Order Bride Comedy Canned by NBC After Getting Backlash
- Robin Williams' Widow Calls the Actor's Disease 'the Terrorist Inside My Husband's Brain'
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress