Dominic West Has Serial Killer Role on British Series
"The Wire" actor Dominic West is set to undergo a sinister transformation to portray one of Britain's most prolific serial killers on the small screen. The Brit has signed up to star as Fred West, who was charged with murdering at least 11 girls, and burying many of their remains at his home in Gloucester, England in the 1970s. West committed suicide while awaiting trial in 1995, his accomplice wife Rosemary is currently serving a life sentence for her part in the gruesome crimes.
The Hollywood actor will take on the macabre role for a new program, "Appropriate Adult", on Britain's ITV channel, which will tell the story of West's life from his arrest up to his death. Oscar-nominee Emily Watson will play voluntary worker Janet Leach, who sat in on police interviews, while stage actress Monica Dolan will portray Rose West.
The show will air in the U.K. later this year.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie