Catherine Zeta-Jones Supports Jets on Golden Globe Red Carpet
Catherine Zeta-Jones gave her beloved New York Jets a boost on the red carpet at the Golden Globe Awards on Sunday, January 16 - by wearing the team's green. The actress and her husband Michael Douglas are both avid Jets fans and when they found out the Globes would be taking place at the same time as the team's play-off match against rivals the New England Patriots, the Welsh actress knew exactly what color her gown needed to be.
Zeta-Jones said, "Some people call it emerald, but I call it Jets (green)... I'm actually Mrs. Sanchez (Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez); I'm just pretending to be Mrs. Douglas."
And her costume choice worked for her team - the Jets shocked the sports pundits and pulled off a 28-21 victory. The team will play the Pittsburgh Steelers this weekend for the chance to progress to the Super Bowl in February.
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars